• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support standard 2FA

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to support standard 2FA authenticator apps. Standard means one of the existing apps that most users are already going to have on their phone: Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, 1Password. The "Adobe Account Access" app forces me to install an app that has only one purpose and this is just stupid. Not to mention, the only reason I'm trying to enable 2FA for Adobe is because of their terrible history with managing security, so I really don't have any confidence in their non-standard approach to security.

If you agree with this, please express your opinion to Adobe so they get the message.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why Adobe decided that the best way to solve a security problem was to make up something completely new and different instead of using the existing Time-based One-time Password Algorithm (TOTP) standard that is already widely supported and most users will already be familiar with. A number of the standard apps do support backup/recovery.

I do not trust or like Adobe's phone app. Aside from the fact that it is an entire app that does nothing other than 2FA for a single account, there is also Adobe's long history of failure when they have invented their own closed, non-standard security solutions, and they have a history of compromised and disclosure of user data.

If your phone is setup to display SMS in the lock screen or if you are worried you will loose or destroy your phone, then you should probably choose the email option. This is the least convienient. However, if you are using Microsoft or Google clouds for email, then you can be sure you email is not going to be hacked unless you are careless with your own security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know which app you're talking about.  But feel free to submit feature requests to Adobe UserVoice.  That's where product developers will see it. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines