• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What exactly happens to the apps if I cancel creative cloud?

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had creative cloud for 2 years as a student.  From September I'm no longer able to afford this.  I'm wondering what will happen to all the apps installed on my desktop once that expires? (Lightroom, photoshop, premiere Pro, etc).

I was under the impression I'd get to keep them but no longer get software updates or support once I stop subscribing.  Is this the case, or will I just be unable to use any of the apps?  If so this seems incredibly unfair, if I had bought the CDs (like it used to be) I'd get to keep the older versions but no longer have support.

Please clarify.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

A software subscription (from any company) is like a car lease... stop paying and you stop using

So, if you cancel your subscription, the programs will stop working

Photoshop/Premiere Elements are purchased with a serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have those CDs that you bought years ago, do they have the latest music from those singers & bands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines