• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens if I never pay and abandon my account?

Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find a straight answer.

I'm a student with an Adobe annual monthly membership, and I didn't realize that you are stuck in these memberships unless you pay more. It's become too costly for me to have these programs, I was wondering if my account will eventually get deleted if I just abandon it and get a new bank card so Adobe can't charge me anymore? Or will I get annoying emails until the end of my membership asking me to pay? 

(Also, I know this sounds scummy, but I have no choice financially, so no comment on that is needed.) 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

You signed a contract to pay, so what Adobe MIGHT do (I don't work for Adobe, these are only my thoughts)

Transfer your payments to your new credit card

Send your account to a collection agency

Report you to the credit rating companies

You need to contact support to see if you may be released from your contract

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

The end of your nembership never comes up, if you do not cancel, as it renews year for year at the then current rate. If you are in financial difficulties, I would counsel you to plan your exit by contacting Adobe customer care and negotiate your way out. This is the only clean way to get out of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You signed a contract to pay, so what Adobe MIGHT do (I don't work for Adobe, these are only my thoughts)

Transfer your payments to your new credit card

Send your account to a collection agency

Report you to the credit rating companies

You need to contact support to see if you may be released from your contract

This space is provided by Adobe, but this is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Help Center https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html is a good place to start
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the Covid virus, so wait times are long
You MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
You MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
- or Twitter tweet @AdobeCare
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, sounds like a crap idea to try it. Just gonna find a way to pay and not make the same mistakes. Now the question has been asked, and it's out there for anyone who wants to try it to know. Def not worth messing with my credit score. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's an unsecured debt.  that means you can't be forced to pay, but that failure to pay will be on your record for 7 years affecting your ability to open all lines of credit including credit cards and other unsecured lines of credit and secured lines of credit should you try to obtain a car or home loan, as well as, other contacts (eg, apartment leases).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, def not worth it, just gonna find a way to pay and avoid all of that trouble...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User 

unless you're prepared to function on an all-cash basis for the 7 years following default, it's an awful mess to default on a credit card.  

in addition, adobe is so forgiving to people that present their circumstances in a reasonable manor, there's no reason to default on an adobe account.  you should contact adobe and present your case.

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-community/td-p/12919684/redirect_from_archived_page/true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, adobe seems to be very sketchy; I'm just going to give them their money and be done with this crappy company, I hear their customer service is not worth even trying and leads nowhere. Thanks for the info. I'm good now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Deleted User 

got it. 

for others, (like many human interactions) depending on your attitude when contacting adobe support, you may receive sympathy, and you may not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing cards won't exhonerate you from your obligation to pay until you cancel.  Why not just cancel and be done with it??  It's the right thing to do.  No bad karmic energy to worry about. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol for sure, I was just curious. Gonna pay and be done with it like an adult. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, and one more thing - whatever amount you default on, you must declare as income for tax filings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of your nembership never comes up, if you do not cancel, as it renews year for year at the then current rate. If you are in financial difficulties, I would counsel you to plan your exit by contacting Adobe customer care and negotiate your way out. This is the only clean way to get out of this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to pay for my month, and the 50% cancelation fee when I can. no need to call, but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User 

(adobe might relent on the cancelation fee.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot escape a debt (of any kind) by cancelling a card. That is actually considered fraud, if done with intent to avoid a contracted payment. The debt may increase. Adobe may sell the debt to a recovery agency. Legal action may be taken. It may cost you much more.  It may affect your ability to get credit and housing in future. 

You signed up for an annual program renewed annually. To avoid the cancellation fee, cancel in the last month BEFORE renewal and it all starts again. It's always cheaper, though, to cancel sooner and pay the fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said above, I'm going to just cancel and pay the fee, and be done, thanks, No need for any more comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines