• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is Adobe Illustrator CC 2023 license from Software Distribution

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am currently in my adobe illustrator free trial and love it but hate that I have to commit to a year of £19.97 a month or £30 each as I don't know if I can make money from it yet with my business.  I did some searching and found a voucher on wowcher and it's title is this. 

Adobe Illustrator CC 2023 license from Software Distribution 

and it is £59. What is this? Does anyone know? It says it's the software? Does this mean I can install a hard copy on my iPad for life for £59? But obviously don't get the tech support etc.  It's says I save £237. I'm a bit confused as this option to buy the software outright isn't advertised on the adobe site? 

any advice would be great thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

It's a scam. A lie. Pirate software. Adobe never sell licenses to a particular version of Illustrator, never sell perpetual licenses to Illustrator, and never discount that much.  If still tempted, beware that pirate software often includes malware to make it bypass all the license checking, and may well be stealing your money and personal details too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a scam. A lie. Pirate software. Adobe never sell licenses to a particular version of Illustrator, never sell perpetual licenses to Illustrator, and never discount that much.  If still tempted, beware that pirate software often includes malware to make it bypass all the license checking, and may well be stealing your money and personal details too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. As the saying goes if it looks too good to be true...... why it's allowed on a trusted site like [removed] I don't know 🤷‍:female_sign: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually, perhaps more accurately, adobe sold licenses in the past.  they haven't sold any illustrator license since cs6.  

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reported the site to Adobe Fraud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need Pro-Level tools until you have more experience.  Software doesn't make great designs, people do. 😉

When I started painting, I could no more afford premium-priced tools & supplies than fly to the moon. I waited until I could afford them.  It's the same with software. There are plenty of free & low cost tools available.  Do a Google search for "vector graphics apps."

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wondering the same thing having seen the same advert.
I do not see how Adobe can be aware of this issue and do nothing about it - the site is well-known and trusted by the public as a legitimate way to save money, and many people, are going to be unaware of the subscription model being the only option and will assume they are just buying last years software which will no longer be updated.

As regards not needing pro-level tools - maybe not, and I am well aware of some of the options out there.  I am not sure it is in Adobe's best interests to be pointing people to competitors.   How many people are already customers with the photography package who cannot afford or justify the addition of Illustrator or all apps and are going to look read this and decide that they can throw in Adobe altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I do not see how Adobe can be aware of this issue and do nothing about it

Do you know the PHYSICAL location of that site?

A pirate site in another country is very difficult to stop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site promoting the deal is owned by DMG media which is quite easy to find I think you will find.
The site the OP and myself have found the deal on is a UK voucher/coupon site that businesses use to make cut-price promotions, it is legally registered and subject to consumer law.  Now while the business offering the "licences" is doing dodgy stuff and may be hard to pin down the site through which the offer is being seen is anything but and I am quite sure a polite "this business is using you to sell pirated software" from Adobe would be enough to get the offer shut down and buyers refunded in a flash.  The site is too big mainstream and "respectable" to be able to afford the public opinion problem if Adobe made a noise - which it could do if they refused to take down the offer.

While stopping the actual provider of pirate stuff may be a problem stopping the big well-known popular promotion site that is how people are finding it should be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Starsphinx 

i'm not sure what your point is, but it doesn't matter how reputable you think any brand is.  pirated software is pirated software no matter who's pirating, linking, promoting or selling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point is that because the "shop" that people are buying from is a big trusted well known one, people believe that the product has been checked and is safe when according to this forum this is not the case.  Adobe could stop the "shop" from selling the item in a flash, because it is a big trusted well known one.  Regardless of whether the shop has been conned itself and believes it is selling something legit, or if it knows it is not but is relying on loopholes (like only selling the voucher not the product) it would stop the second Adobe made a noise because otherwise it would destroy its own customer base.

I will add I have used the site more than once and been happy with the deal items I have got.  If I was not technically and copyright savvy through the work I do then I would have purchased the deal expecting it to be as legit as previous purchases - how many people are being screwed because they do not have my knowledge - and why is Adobe not acting to stop this or at least a big chunk of it.  They won't stop people from going to dodgy sites they can and should stop non dodgy sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you report it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah right sorry missed that last post, having my ignore link goggles on lol

Will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines