• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Creative Cloud for Europe is so expensive?

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious why the price of Creative Cloud for Europe is 60% higer? Okay, maybe there are some taxes etc but World of Warcraft online game with the same business model charges pretty the same for subscription in US and Europe.

Looks like discrimination, yeah?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 203 Replies 203
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

total ripoff in the UK. you can chat with them here: https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/89901003/?cmd=file&file=chatStart&site=89901003&sessionkey=H79823342...

or ask on facebook

but they never say why are the prices 50% more expensive outside the US. shame on you adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2013 Feb 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RegisMachado wrote:

total ripoff in the UK. you can chat with them here: https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/89901003/?cmd=file&file=chatStart&site =89901003&sessionkey=H7982334...

or ask on facebook

but they never say why are the prices 50% more expensive outside the US. shame on you adobe

They rip us off because they can. That's all there is to it. Pure and simple greed from a company that is a monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Canada, I have been hit with a 50% price increase with my Creative Cloud subscription. it looks like a global ripoff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news

Australia trying to deal with Adobe overpricing issue on goverment level. I hope EU will join soon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21406745

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some news:
Adobe drops price of Creative Cloud in Australia ahead of government inquiry
http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/12/3979690/adobe-reduces-price-of-creative-cloud-in-australia-ahead-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad to hear that the Austrailian government has stepped into help its consumers. Adobe can see that it is wrong to discriminate against other countries and should carry a consistent pricing structure to all subscribers worldwide.

If they do not, then the uk people should approach our own government for similar action. A complaint to watchdog uk would be a great way to start things rolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that it has taken 12 months for the Australian Government pricing probe to get this far following the dogged persistence of Labor MP Ed Husic (and others).

After lots of polite requests from the Govt (followed by polite refusals and the proverbial middle finger from the vendors) to appear voluntarily, the software vendors have finally been compelled with threats of fines to appear before the pricing inquiry and justify their pricing policies in Australia.

As welcome as they are, there's nothing altruistic about these price drops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect anything else, when behind their masked excuses are just drooling, greedy businessmen. Adobe is doing nothing out of the ordinary, it is common US policy to think their dollar is actually worth more than it is, and that they can make it worth more by telling people so. It's still a step to right direction, even if it is a bitter one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A step in the right direction for the Australian people. Now if only the EU would do the same.

There are plenty of software companies that charge the same price on downloadable software for overseas customers as they do in the US. Some will add local VAT but none seem to blatantly overcharge as much as Adobe as. Public pressure on local governments seems the only way this will ever change.

If people only realized how much power a consumer has... but then again this thread only has a little over 100 comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is where to the EU to complain. They will only take actions if people and companies complain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone in th EU can file a petition here and ask the European parliament to examine the issue and protect EU customers from such practices:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/aboutparliament/en/00533cec74/Petitions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the information. 

I have raised a petition with the European Parliament.  I will let you guys know if and when the petition is accepted and becomes active.

This is more a matter of principal than anything else.  We should not be charged more here in Europe.

For people (such as myself) who run startups, price hikes of 40% make all the difference, for representatives of established companies speaking on here, it may seem like a small amount, but for many others, it is a barrier.  Everyone has to start somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's 2 petitions so far.

The only thing is that these procedures take time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please keep me up to date on the EU commision .... I have written to them and OFT the office of fair trading and filed a complaint.... adobe is appauling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I recevied a response from the EU commission (dated 18th June).  My petition has been entered under the EU General Register.

This has now been forwarded to the committee on petitions for consideration to check to make sure it is wtihin the remit of the EU (which, as it concerns trade it should be).

I will let you hear when I learn more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonderful...... keep me posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep us posted to ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one!

I wrote something here about about the subject:

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/neelie-kroes/young-advisors-ideas/#comment-3204

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

Is there any up to date new with regards to this?

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing will change.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Nearly 41'000 views and no proper reply from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't give a dam. They are too busy making money.

Kind regards

Paul

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a written letter response from the EU commission (if I remember correctly - threw it away immediately). They said it's not in their competence to deal with this, and also added that it is not their place to control pricing of private companies. There you go. Well, there's not much to be expected from the EU lately, anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to take this up with the EU.

I propose that we start a crowd funded project to develop a serious professional alternative to Adobe's products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines