• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Account's 2FA doesn't have Backup Codes?

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently enabled 2FA to all my main accounts.

All of them are great, in case I lost my phone, which the offline, time changing 2FA codes gets lost of my possesion, I can still have these Backup codes, that I can print or store to get back to my accounts on Reset Password / Recover Account process.

But as I setup 2FA on my Adobe Account, I noticed after, there is no Backup Codes provided after I finished.

Is this true, Adobe Account doesn't provide Backup Codes on their current 2FA implementation?

For now the only way to recover your account with 2FA is recovering it with an SMS phone number too. That means requiring 2FA + SMS verification present. Is this true? I also wanna remove my phone number too, for maximum security against SMS hijacking, or in case I get my phone lost too. 

If I lost my phone, naturally not only I lose access to 2FA codes, but also to 2FA SMS.

This is an idiotic, half assed security implementation.

Please confirm my assumption to this. I can't see any references about this glaring security flaw on any of y'alls Help Center articles.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Hi

I'm not sure what you are asking, but since your question hasn't been answered since you posted on 16 August (3 1/2 weeks ago), I'll try. I have two-factor identification and can receive the text on my phone, watch, iPad, laptop, or desktop, as all are set up to receive messages. In addition, Adobe offers the option to email the code — just click "Use another method". I did "lose" a phone last year to water damage, but had no issues getting back in. 

jane-e_0-1599762716146.png

Does that solve the issue for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not sure what you are asking, but since your question hasn't been answered since you posted on 16 August (3 1/2 weeks ago), I'll try. I have two-factor identification and can receive the text on my phone, watch, iPad, laptop, or desktop, as all are set up to receive messages. In addition, Adobe offers the option to email the code — just click "Use another method". I did "lose" a phone last year to water damage, but had no issues getting back in. 

jane-e_0-1599762716146.png

Does that solve the issue for you? If not, please clarify and perhaps another volunteer on the forums will step in.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right to ask this. According to Jane's answer, Adobe will e-mail you a code, but this defeats the purpose of 2FA. 2FA is supposed to prevent someone from changing your password if they hijack your e-mail account but don't have access to your phone (or whatever device you installed your 2FA Authenticaor app). If they can get a new code sent to your email, then the 2FA is useless. I just enabled 2FA but I'm going to disable it again since it's apparent that Adobe's implementation of 2FA just adds an extra step to the authentication process but doesn't really protect me from anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich have the same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are in my phone the Backup-Codes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can opt to use your phone to verify your identity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines