• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription scam?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, back in June I activated the free trial for Acrobat Pro DC. When it was time to end my subscription I couldn't access my account. I waited and tried to get in contact with the customer service but I discovered that I had to actually call a number because I live in Italy. I stalled, I just couldn't believe there wasn't any other way to talk to them. Finally, I received an email informing me that since the payment had failed multiple times my subscribtion would be canceled. Just what I wanted! Now, after 5 months almost I managed to access my account only to discover that the subscription is still there. It simply says that my plan has expired and that in order to reactivate it I need to update my payment info. Now, does this mean they are secretly charging me with every month I have not payed since the free trial? 

All this seems very odd to me. I never received any further solicitation nor a confirmation of the cancelation. Can somebody help, please? I have read the terms of use and it doesn't say anywhere that I can be charged for the unpaid monthly subscription. If I reactivated it, will I be charged 1 month or 5 months? 

I find it very questionable to ask for my credit card info for a 7 days trial and not even bother to offer a more accessible and trackable customer service. The e-mail, which seemed very clear, was not clear at all. How does "cancelled" mean "suspended until you come back with the money?" 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums and you'll need to contact adobe support:

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (in the lower right)
in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, back in June I activated the free trial for Acrobat Pro DC. When it was time to end my subscription I couldn't access my account. I waited and tried to get in contact with the customer service but I discovered that I had to actually call a number because I live in Italy. I stalled, I just couldn't believe there wasn't any other way to talk to them. Finally, I received an email informing me that since the payment had failed multiple times my subscribtion would be canceled. Just what I wanted! Now, after 5 months almost I managed to access my account only to discover that the subscription is still there. It simply says that my plan has expired and that in order to reactivate it I need to update my payment info. Now, does this mean they are secretly charging me with every month I have not payed since the free trial? 

All this seems very odd to me. I never received any further solicitation nor a confirmation of the cancelation. Can somebody help, please? I have read the terms of use and it doesn't say anywhere that I can be charged for the unpaid monthly subscription. If I reactivated it, will I be charged 1 month or 5 months? 

I find it very unpracticle to ask for my credit card info for a 7 days trial and not offer a more accessible and trackable customer service. The e-mail, which seemed very clear, was not clear at all. How does "cancelled" mean "suspended until you come back with the money?" 

•  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the contract you agreed to when you started - https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

>call a number because I live in Italy. I stalled

Since you did not cancel, I think you will have to pay what you owe to start again

But... I don't work for Adobe

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" If you have not provided us a backup payment method(s) and you fail to provide payment, or if all payment methods in your account fail, we may suspend your subscription."

They basically repeat the same thing over and over without being specific. What if I am not interested and I neber update my account because I have no need to do so? It doesn't say that the payment is estinguished but I have a mail that proves such possibility. Why didn't they send me a confirmation though? I did not expect such a well known company to be sneaky like this. And yeah, the card I initially paid with got blocked because I was a victim of a fraud and a scam by another company. Yesterday I saw they have a partnership with Adobe...imagine my concern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines