• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat an internal error occurred when using Windows 10 preview pane

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! This issue occurs on a freash install of Windows 10 and after installing Adobe Creative Cloud. With the preview pane is enabled Acrobat DC will throw an error everytime a .pdf is clicked on. That said, I found another post with a 'solution' to same issue except they are runing Windows 11. However, the 'solution' of having Windows and all things Adobe running the latest version didn't help...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/quot-an-internal-error-occured-quot-when-clicking...

Any assistance would be greatly appreacted.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only tested this issue on Windows 10. I'll try to replicate the issue on a Windows 11 machine and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! This fixed it straightaway without even rebooting. Thank you very much. I have been plaged with this problem in Win 10 for over a month now. AWESOME FIX. DUDE, YOU WIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue is fixed with today's 2022.003.20263 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-10-21 083007.jpgMine actually didnt say account unknown either at the front like the other peoples did. There were just things in the advanced panel that had insanely long names and after I deleted them things worked. I deleted all the highlighted ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you kidding me? How did you find that. Thank you. I've been digging around for a week trying to fix this because it's been destroying my workflow. Thanks for the big save. You win the internet this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Absolute life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooo much!! It worked!! I would NEVER ever have found this solution on my own and was getting really frustrated over it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooooooooooooooooooly sh*t! You did it, you Bob damn genius! 
I had 10 "Account Unknowns" in my security tab. As soon as I deleted them all, everything was working perfectly - even the Windows Explorer preview pane was back to normal. 
I've had this issue for months and today was the last straw; was going to delete and use another program if I couldn't find a solution... You saved my sanity and my work flow from stopping (again). 
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for sharing the solution, that was amazing indeed. No more internal error occurred and no more headache 🙂 Many thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markelrayes Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! You saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like it's working for me as well!! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questa soluzione non funziona per me, il problema persiste

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great Fix.  I had to do just a little more, but this did fix the problem

I deleted all but one "Account Unkonwn" becuae it wouldn't let me delete.  The system popup said it was inheriting it's permissions from its parent and to turn that off if I wanted to delete it.  I couldn't find where to do this so I manually denied each of its approved permissions in the box below, applied, closed, reopened and deleted the last "Account Unkown".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST FRICKIN WANNA FRICKIN THANK YOU FRICKIN MUCH FOR FRICKIN SOLVING THIS FRICKIN PROBLEM I HAVE BEEN FRICKIN SOLVING FOR AT LEAST FRICKIN 3 MONTHS!! Even Adobe representatives remote controlled my computer to do a bunch of stuff but they didn't get to solve this!!! YOU ARE THE BEST. you should be nominated an Oscar for the best most helpful solution of the year! Adobe, please give this man compensation! He is more helpful than anyother representantives you have in the live chat!!!!!! Did I already mention YOU ARE AMAZING? I wish you good health and long life this coming 2023. Life will bring you great fortune! You are the best!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that fixed it for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help - when I click on the File menu, I get the error - "An internal error occurred" - keep cliking it till it goes away, and the file menu opens, but I cannot click on any item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thank you so much!  This has been driving me crazy for months. 👏👏👏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU from me as well. I'm a designer, so not being able to interface with .PDFs is kind of a big deal. Adobe is built on a haunted house of cards. Thank you for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The amount of anguish you have saved me is ... just thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! For those where this isn't working - I had to go inside the adobe folder to the acrobat folder. That's where I had a bunch of random accounts in the properties security tab. 

file path: C:\Users\thebo\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that started getting the message “An internal error occurred” last week.  It happens when you just click on the document you don’t have to even open it

He has Windows 10 with Adobe creative cloud (All Apps plan) plus Acrobat DC.

His version of Adobe DC is 2022.003.20258

I have tried the following below but nothing has worked any other idea?

I did a repair on his Adobe DC
I opened up Adobe went to Edit>>Preferences>> Select the Security (Enhanced) category and Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup".
I went to C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\ and checked his permission and it said he had full access for the Adobe Folder.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Acrobat DC application
I then went back and did the following Uncheck the "Enable Protected Mode at Startup"
I tried the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown.  Created a new REG_DWORD: Value Name: bProtectedMode - Value Data :0
we were only trying on the downloads folder via quick access, so I went to a different folder on his C: drive still the same message

I checked under C\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming and I right clicked on Adobe folder and there were only 3 accounts on it,  System, the user and administrator and the user has full rights 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooooooooooo much!!
It helped me so much.
You gave me only the solution. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and there is no ACCOUNT UNKNOWN I could delete. Did anyone find another solution?
I use Windows 11 Home, Version 22H2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. All of the above does not work for me.

Please help us.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - This issue retuned. Checked the permissions on the Adobe folder and again there was a long list of extra accounts. Removed the 'unwanted' accounts and issue was resovled. That said, it would be nice to see Adobe take some action on this issue but I guess that is too much to ask. 

Hope the marked solution works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines