• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Firefox extension is nowhere to be found

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! So, internet says there's supposed to be an extension for Firefox, but I fail to find it. I can't “enable it” because it's not in the list of Extensions in Firefox itself (I have the latest version, 104.0.1). I can't manually install it from files because my Acrobat folders (also reinstalled it just to be sure it's the latest too) only have folder with Chrome extension, no Firefox. Am I missing something? Is it discontinued or is it paid only option?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jess K. 

We are sorry to hear that. Please go through the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-createpdf-extension-firefox.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Amal! I see you didn't read my post. I don't have anything to enable. Other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jess K. 

By default, the addon installs automatically when you install Adobe Acrobat on your Windows PC. However, due to a change brought into Firefox by Mozilla, the extension does not manage to install automatically anymore.
The Addon is included with the Adobe Acrobat DC installer and it is present in the install folder of Adobe Acrobat from where we can pull it and install it manually into the Firefox browser.

Please try the steps below:
1. Make sure that Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader is installed on your PC.
2. Open Firefox browser.
3. Click on Options (Hamburger icon), then select Add-ons.
4. Press on the Gear icon () and select Install Add-on From File
5. Browse to the following directory depending on your Adobe Acrobat version:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\WebExtn\signed_extn and install the extension manually and check.
6. Firefox will display the “Add Adobe Acrobat?” confirmation box. Click on Add to finish installing the extension to your Firefox browser.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I even included screenshot in my original post. There's no WCFirefoxExtn in my folders, it only loaded WCChromeExtn and nothing else, and I haven't even Chrome on my PC. I can't do what you say. More suggestions? 🥲

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jess K. 

We are sorry to hear that. Please remove the Acrobat DC application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and then try again and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!

Well, it didn't go that well because that link of yours with direct downloads - Standard Installer gives Pro version, not free one and I'm very unhappy about time I wasted to redownload and reinstall it two times to make sure I did right thing. But! That Pro version actually had WCFirefoxExtn folder there, so I copied it to myself, then installed free version back from get.adobe.com/reader. Then I've installed the addon, but the tale didn't end here because it apparently doen't work, gives me "Conversion failure".

I'm going to delete it now and pretend the whole thing never happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jess K. 

Acrobat Reader DC is a freeware application with limited functions. For more information about it, please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/reader/faq.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines