• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC freezes when you try to print

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat DC freezes when I try to print a file.  Anyone out there have the same problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pas,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description, the Acrobat DC is freezing when you are trying to print a PDF file, Is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps from the following KB docs Fix PDF printing crash in Adobe Reader 10.1.2 on Windows Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/pdf-wont-print-reader-10.html

For Mac: Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

You may also refer to Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

1. Is it Acrobat or Reader is installed, check from Help>About Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
  2. Dot version of Acrobat or Reader installed, check from Help>About Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
  3. Is it a Mac or Windows machine?
  4. Are you facing the crash issue with one PDF file or with all the PDF files?

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have temporary freezing after the start of Acrobat, probably due to our firewall, because outside of our work environment, Acrobat is quite responsive.

For your records: Windows 7 with Acrobat DC Pro.

Remark: to be clear, I do not claim this as an Adobe problem, where I'm looking for a solution. This could just be a hint for the OP where to look.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC installed not the reader do I need that as well.  I am running windows 10 and if I open a pdf and try to email it

it just hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pas,

If the Acrobat is already installed, you don't need Reader. Uninstall the Reader using the Cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  || Link: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Restart the computer, and check with Acrobat.

You may also try to reset the preferences of Acrobat, to refer the preferences refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  || Link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8511

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pas1993  wrote

if I open a pdf and try to email it it just hangs

That may also be a problem with your mail program. Try sending the PDF from your mail program instead of opening in Acrobat first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Acrobat, same here - brand new version of Acrobat Standard for teams installed, worked fine for a few weeks - this morning I can't print anything due to program freezing. No amount of restarting computer or printer helps. I'm running Windows, already did 'check for updates' apparently I'm up to date - please help, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me with ALL files in Adobe. It's so bad that I've had to just stop using Adobe. There is no fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
hi,

i re installed it & all seems ok till now

Best Regards,

Hitarth Shah
Email : shah.hitarth@gmail.com
Fax : +27 865163611

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this when attempting to print large data PDFs, ones full of images and graphics and at a large quantity (I tried around 40 copies of a 25 page document).

The issue was avoided by opening the PDF in preview (OS X) and printing from there - no freezing at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I haven't found the fix yet. So, please try again.

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, version 2018.011.20038

Here's what happens: If I reboot, I can print PDF files at will. However, after some amount of time (hours), when I try to print a PDF, Adobe freezes (not responding). Closing the program and reopening it doesn't fix it. I must reboot the computer and then all is well right away. Then later in the day, it freezes again.  Thank you

gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do the resources evolve?

Try to monitor processes hanging around. Take a snapshot at the beginning and compare that with the situation when Acrobat hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue with New Version of Acrobat DC 19.010.20099

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS an version?

When exactly does Acrobat freeze?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.   I can only print a PDF 1 TIME after a computer restart.  After that it freezes when trying to print to a PDF.   I've reinstalled Illustrator and Acrobat DC and all the pdf printer drivers.  I have to restart the computer after almost every time I print to a pdf.  This just started happening on 4-9-2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue is happening to me.  I've found a fix, but it's somewhat of a pain to do this every time one prints.  Open the task manager before printing, then when you print to Adobe, an "Acrobat Distller" App will appear at the top.  Expand the menu, and right click "confirm security," and bring it to front, and select yes.  This worked for me!  Hopefully Adobe will get this issue resolved very quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful.  This worked for me too..   But this defiantly slows down production.  Just got off phone with tech support and they do acknowledge that this is an issue with new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I force quite Illustrator, I get a Confirm Security window that pops up with YES or NO option.  After I click YES..   A text file with

The operation completed successfully.

Pipe:\\.\pipe\PMtoDistiller_ID_4:Mattie - Bookmark.ai

pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ktgraphix  wrote

After I force quite Illustrator (...)

Are you printing from Illustrator to Adobe PDF?

That is not the recommended (or supported) way to get a PDF file. Simply do a "Save as" or "Save copy as" and choose PDF as file format. You can strip the file of Illustrator elements or keep it editable in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having problems with the new version of Acrobat DC 19.010.20099. I'm using the Adobe PDF Printer in a batch printing process and ever since the update my batch process doesn't work. It always stops about halfway done, regardless of file size or complexity. Please fix this ASAP! It's a tremendous inconvenience for our office!

The solution posted by lew305 is slow but since I don't have any other solution it will have to work for now.

adobe-pdf-printer-stuck.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same issue, tried reinstalling everything. thank you for at least telling me i'm not crazy.
come on Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnandSri​, do you know if Adobe is working on an update that resolves this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same issue here. We have two users who when they print to .pdf the screen now leaves the dialog box up and the computer freezes. After a few minuets the screen goes blue and the computer resets itself on both of our AutoCad estimating computers. We have never had an issue with delays and crashing until Friday 4/12 and it has continued through the weekend and into this afternoon. We are at a standstill with quotes that need to go out today. We have missed out on over $500K in quotes/bids today because of this. Both systems have 2TB of free space on SSD's and 32g of RAM. Both systems are only used for estimating using AutoCad, Outlook email, and Adobe DC to read and write to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer to this issue, if it is the same issue is above.

When it locks up, often on the second .pdf printed go to the task manager and the Distiller app should be listed. double click the app and you should see some sort of security dialogue under it. this is actually a dialogue asking to approve the source of the file floating towards the back of the screen, usually hiding behind the app and the frozen print window. minimize the app so you can see it, click ok and the print should continue.

its a royal pain, but it got me running again with adobe apps etc.

I'm unhappy that something so basic as a security alert got through adobe's testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...)see some sort of security dialogue under it.(...)

That may or may not be Adobe's fault. My Windows 10 systems do not get this message. But never the less this looks quite annoying.

Please post a screen copy of the security alert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines