• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is super slow

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the last month or so acrobat has been slow to the point of being nearly unusable. on start up, it keeps going into a nonresponsive state while trying to scroll through recent files before even opening one. once open a simple text only the file will lag as though it was massive.  I don't think it's related to PC resources as this will occur with nothing else open and I am running, 128GB ram, 4.2ghz 32 core processor, and 2x rtx2080 video.   I've tried all the normal troubleshooting, clean install, checking updates for both adobe and windows and video card drivers, resetting preferences etc.  Version 2022.002.20212 64bit (I had to fight through over a minute of freezes and the spinny wheel just to open and go to about to see the version)

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rellim1875 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused.

As mentioned above, you have already tried the possible troubleshooting steps.

However, we'd still recommend you to try the following suggestion and see if that makes progress:

1- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected Mode at Startup", "Protected View," and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat and check back. 

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting. 

2- If that doesn't help, then

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application's files traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Adding to the discussion, 

Have you installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC before in parallel with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Also, based on the hardware requirements I would assume you're on at least MS Windows 10 or MS Windows 11?

If on MS Windows 10, are you on 32bit or 64bit platform?

In any case, see the tip in the link below offered in another thread by ACP R Neil Haugen

Or you may also want to clean the following folders manually (just for troubleshooting purposes):

• delete all temporary files in : C:\Windows\Temp
  • C:\Users\"your current User account"\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\ThumbCache\Acrobat\Files
  • C:\Users\"your current User account"\AppData\Local\Temp
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Temp
  • C:\OneDriveTemp (or any other cloud services temp folder that your Windows might be currently using (if any)

NOTE: That  "AppData" is a hidden folder so you must enable show hidden files in File Explorer.

You may also want to examine any crash logs in: 

• C:\Users\"your current User account"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CRLogs\crashlogs

After you clean all temp folders, a reboot may be necessary. I would recommend that you compare how the Acrobat program behaves when you completely unplug your PC from the Internet and compare if sluggish symptoms persist when you're online.

That said, you should check in "Preferences" -->> "Adobe Online Services"  and see if disabling ""Sync preferences accross devices and document settings" do any difference with the observed performance. And also in preferences --->>> "Trust Manager" and modify the current default to "Never" in the section that is labeled "Unless explicitely permitted, PDF files cannot send information to the Internet "

Sometimes, and regardless of hardware and software specs, your system could potentially have other backgrounds processes interacting with the OS, a cloud service, Acrobat, anti-virus, unnattended peripheral updates, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines