• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat only Scanning First Page

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat had been working great until today.  I was scanning multipage documents no problem.  Now, out of the blue, acrobat will pull all of the pages through the scanner but only first page shows up scanned within acrobat.  I can add single pages to that original scan but I want to scan multi-page documents all at once again.  I uninstalled and re-installed my printer/scanner and still no luck.  I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall acrobat here shortly.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi,

This issue stands fixed now.

Please check for the updates.

This should work fine now with this release of Acrobat.

Thanks for the patience.

Regards,

Gaurav Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

As correctly mentioned by Gaurav, the fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the future, please send out an email blast to alert clients of this situation.  I have been spinning my wheels for the last few hours.  If an email had been sent saying there was a potential problem, I wouldn't have wasted HALF my day working on this before finding this was an issue on Adobe's end, not mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this problem is happening now for me.

Is there an issue?

When scanning using the document feeder it only shows the first page, the rest of the pages are fed thru, not scanned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

A user posted this fix on another thread and it worked for me. 

LordTakahiro Community Beginner

Fix for me at least:

"Launch Acrobat. Go to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced). Check >"Enable Protected mode at start-up(Preview)". Click Ok. Close Acrobat and re-launch it. Try your scanning process again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that yesterday.  Worked for one scan, then got hung up at Optimizing........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, nevermind. Now it's crashing and closing Acrobat. What a bummer this whole deal is.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Xerox Documate 152i.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on when there is a patch coming? People can't do their jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, but when I select "Recognize Text (OCR)" it works just fine.  I just personally don't like using the feature when scanning a large amount of documents at once because it takes too long.  Hope there's a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A temporary solution while Adobe is fixing things is to not do your scanning through Acrobat.

Here's the deal: you have a scanner. The scanner came with scanning software. If you have Windows, Acrobat is using Twain to control your scanning software and somewere there's a bug. But if you just use your scanning software directly, place the resultant scans into an easily accessible folder (on your desktop??) and the apply Acrobat to process the pages in a 2nd step, you'll have your product.

A couple of quick tips: you will get much better quality results if you scan into TIF documents. Each TIF document will be very large but after processing will be normal in PDF size. You can then toss the original TIF documents.

Do watch out for auto-numbering: with some scanning software, the first page will have no number and the subsequent pages will have a number leaving the first page to show up as the last page of a set. This doesn't happen with all scanning software but it might for some.

If you plan on OCR-ing the scanned pages, scan at least at 300 ppi, up to 600 ppi is better (this will increase the storage size of the TIF documents but will dramatically drop to a normal PDF size after conversion and OCR-ing.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat makes cleaner, more legible, scans that do not look like they just came off of a copy machine. The software they have makes for cleaner scans. They just need to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CHaynes,

I'm sorry but Acrobat has no scanning capability whatsoever. It uses Twain to access your scanning software. I'm a Mac user and it's much worse there as Apple does not allow Twain for security reasons and if you scan from Acrobat or Photoshop or any application, you have to use Apple's "Image Capture" which is the worst piece of scanning software you can imagine. 

There is probably a setting in your scanner's software's settings called "Document" or something like that and it will give you a "better" quality scan than just hitting the "Scan" button on the outside of your scanner. 

Please, open up your scanner's software and look around: you will find the same interface that you see from within Acrobat. It IS the same software. 

If you want to learn about how to get clean scans properly, check out this blog I wrote for Adobe: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/scanning-clean-searchable-pdfs/m-p/4785...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link issue, Gary.

bp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<Access denied>> to your blog, Gary; I'd like to read it.

bp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do have to log into Adobe with your account and then you can see the blog.

In the meantime I did upload the same content to my website. Please excuse the very limited styling going onto this page, my web abilities are not strong and I'd rather get this up than get it up "pretty."

Hope you find value in the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, forgot to put the link. My bad.

http://photosbycoyne.com/Gary's_Help/Scanning/clean-scanning.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gary.  I'm always looking for ways to tweak my scans.

Thanks for the link; hopefully I'll have some time soon to dig in!

bp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent hours trying to fix this including a complete clean and re-install and taking off various security software in case that was the problem. Next time I'll look here first! Multiple computers affected by this. In the meantime any idea how long it will take for a patch to be issued by Adobe? Should we report it to Adobe to add to the "clamour" or are enough people on the case?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - Using Fi-6130Z.  Whole day wasted yesterday trying to fix this.  Thanks Adobe. When will you fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

The issue has been reported to the product team and a root cause has been identified. They are working on a fix on a high priority. We will update you once the fix is available.

Thanks for your time and patience in this and for your cooperation.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Is there an ETA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also very much like to have a correction ETA. A large piece of my job is scanning documents for archiving, and I cannot do it right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also need the patch/fix.  What is the ETA?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on ETA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'll pile on beating this dead horse.

What is the ETA for the fix?

I have told numerous people in my organization to not run updates at this time. I'd like to keep this issue from spreading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Please give us an ETA on this fix.  This is causing MAJOR issues for me.  

I'm doing my best not to scan, but there are times when I must.  This takes FOREVER and is costing me valuable time.  

Will there be any compensation for the disruption of service?  I purchase a yearly subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud, so I believe that at a minimum, a fair trade would be to have an additional month or two added to my service.   Thus far, I have spent more time and energy - first, trying to fix it, and now, trying to scan "must have" documents ONE page at a time. 

Please consider this for your clients - at least those who have taken the time to respond to you regarding this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines