Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro crashes after opening

Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can install and open Acrobat Pro DC as a domain administrator, but as soon as I log in as a user it closes immediately after opening.  I've tried uninstalling with the cleanup tool and reinstalling, activating/deactivating it, repair install, making the user a temporary administrator, opening it under the local admin account, updated it, ran repair installation, installed all available windows updates/runtimes, Acrobat Pro DC refuses to stay open however under the user's profile.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good. Thanks all for your time and patience on this and for your cooperation and sorry for the trouble you had with Acrobat.

Please try the solutions shared in the following articles and let us know if you are still experiencing the crash issue: 

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

I reccomend calling Tech support, they walked me through getting it to work again. What he did in this case is, I had an employee having issues with Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, He went through and cleared out the local user Creds in Credential Manager. But the big change he made was to Uninstall Acrobat DC and Creative Cloud, and then downloaded creative cloud cleaner and acrocleaner to remove all the old files etc... Then went and downloaded the 32 Bit version of Acrobat DC. According to him the 32 B

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 159 Replies 159
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10 (the latest version of both, I believe). It has worked fine for many months, but today, whenever I open any PDF, the program automatically closes/crashes after 10-30 seconds. This seemed to start when, this morning when I clicked on a PDF, I received a message that the program was updating and to wait a few minutes. There is usually no error message (in one instance today there was a message that "the memory could not be read," but I'm not sure this is related, because every other time it simply closes).

I noticed several cases of similar or identical problems previously reported in this forum, but nothing mentioned there has seemed to work for me. I've tried restarting my computer, checking for updates (it says there are none) and "repairing installation," without any luck. I also tried this -- https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/AcrobatXIcrash.html -- but nothing seemed to change (though the 2nd DOS command listed there didn't work, so I'm not 100% sure I did it right). I'm not very technologically-minded and would be very grateful for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am same issue today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I have it installed on two macines but I don't seem to have that problem on the other machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded and re-installed Adobe Acrobat DC. I thought that the problem was solved as I was able to access the document I was trying to edit & print. I did this successfully.

However, when I tried to use it again, it again closed/crashed. Not happy & not sure what to do next. Not very technically minded and the instructions to look at shifting "preference folder" etc are written very much in computer "jargonese" and not easily followed. It would seem that I am not alone with this problem and this is surely something Adobe should be sorting out!! Advice would be very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with the program closing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on Request Signature, I get an error message "You've been logged out"

"An Error occured. Please try signing out and signing in again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I do try to use the "repair installation" option, it simply stops -- it goes on for 3 or so minutes, but when it says it still has about 18 minutes left to complete, it simply stops and closes, with no message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just going through the annoying process of uninstalling and then reinstalling the whole program, and things seem to be working fine now. So not exactly a "solution," and I still don't know what was wrong before, but at least I can use Acrobat again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this too and while it solved the problem for about 10 minutes, the program crashed as before. I would be interested to hear from you in a day or two if it has completely solved the problem for you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's worrying. Yes, if the problem returns I'll definitely post here again (and likely contact Adobe directly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same problem over here today... maybe the latest Windows Update broke something, because thats the only thing I did yesterday (installing the latest Windows Update 2021-04 cumulative...).

Even worse... I cannot reinstall, because after completely cleaning I cannot run the setup... It immediately closes after double-clicking on it. Without any trace.

Stuck over here now... my work too....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok... seems like the Web-Installer (the small one) didnt work.
I downloaded the full setup (that one with 900+ GB size) and it installed again.

Seems like the authentication with Adobe was broken. At the moment, i'm authenticated again and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm... ok... Acrobat updates to the latest update and is broken again...

Screen.JPG

Looks like it doesn't register with Adobe in the latest version... therefore it closes after some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You woun't belive it!
I have the same problem "In Sweden" today...
Anyone that has any feedback from Adobe yet?
förvirrad.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have had success!! I reported the problem using the Adobe "contact us" support facility. I was connected to a technician who remotely "cleaned" my computer and then reinstalled Acrobat for me. So far, it is looking good. For anyone having this issue, I might suggest you contact adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are many today who has been in contact with Adobe Support and got the problem fixed.

Med vänlig hälsning
Rolf Gustafsson
rolf.gustafsson@essio.se

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am from Adobe Acrobat team.  We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would need some more details for the issue you are facing, to understand them better and work on the fix. It would be grateful if you could please help us with the following information.

1. Log files from your machine. To capture the logs, please download Adobe log collector tool from here and run it. It will generate a ".zxp" file on your machine. Please share the .zxp file or its number here with us.
  2. If needed, would you be willing to join a call with Adobe to help us debug the issue on your machine? 

Thanks again!

Regards

Somya Goel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for responding. As I commented above, uninstalling and then re-installing the program seems to have eliminated the problem, so I'm fine for now. But if it returns, I'll definitely do this and be in touch with you. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where do I share this .zxp file? will it fix my Adobe? Where is "here with us?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Think you have read that it is best to contact Adobe Acrobat support. They will help you via conection to your device and repare and reinstall.

Best
Rolf Gustafsson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me also 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe acrobat keeps quitting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a question or some clarification (system, version…)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Only happened since this morning.  Windows all up to date as at 9:00am this morning.

Running Windows 10 - Acrobat DC version 21.0002.20149.  OPnes the closes itself after a few seconds.

Been waiting for the Virtual support for an hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines