• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Crashing Constantly on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acobat Pro seems to crash constantly when attempting to edit larger PDF files. Full uninstall/reinstall is not helping. Running on a M1 Mac, Big Sur 11.5.1. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to edit? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and then edit and check.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and reboot the system and check if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check again.

Also please check out the help pages listed below:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Additional Information - https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share the below details to help us investigate further

1. What version of Acrobat are you using?

2. Is this file specific? If possible, can you please share a sample file

3. Since when did you start facing this issue?

4. Please share Acrobat crash logs from ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Thanks,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Newest version. Was uninstalled and reinstalled etc.

2. Not file specific.

3. Number of weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

The issue is not reproducible at our end, so it would be really helpful if you can share Adobe Acrobat crash logs from ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

Regards,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Although not on M1 chip, I also have issues with Acrobat today: unable to connect to the servor wheras all is working fine with the other Adobe / Creative Cloud apps.

I tried to reboot the computer / CC and followed the link to modify the date & hours thing. Nothing works.

Config : Big Sur 11.3.1 - imac 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal

this answer is totally unacceptable, I'm paying a subsciption to Adobe to provide me with a product that works first time everytime. Any solution that requires me to learn C++ or go into the inner working of my MAC OS is simply a cop-out by Adobe not wanting to take responsibility.

How about putting out a patch-update out so we can get on with doing what we do, which is not reprogramming our computers.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree completely

i have upgraded my pc to an i9 running windows 11 and the software crashes repeatedly and then when it works, half the functions don't operate...i can't even PRINT out of the damn programme!

i posted a comment on the community looking for assistance but absolutely nothing from adobe - think i need to cancel my subscription and look elsewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any one found a solution or work around?  we started to use the new M1 Macbook and purchased the adobe acrobat DC creative cloud app. 

Once in a while, the Acrobat will be slow and freezing and doing the circle icon and stays in that.   the user has to force stop the Acrobat.

We submitted a ticket with Adobe and they suggested to do cleaner procedure and reinstall from the creative cloud again but still the same and they closed the ticket without any resolution 😞

We tried most of the work around or recommendations but still the same 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please follow steps mentioned in the link below and share the required logs 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Regards,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. it is not truly Apple Silicon native. Open Activity Monitor and see for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, any PDF document opens automatically in Acrobat Pro (even when another program is set as the default), and within 2-3 seconds the time wheel appears and the program doesn't respond. Whether opening a file on local computer or from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same EXACT behavior.  I have been working with Adobe Acrobat on my M1 iMac for weeks without issue.  Suddenly, out of nowhere, 2 weeks ago the program started freezing and crashing.  These are not lare files.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without any improvement.  If I can access my document, it is extremely slow to scroll and takes significant time to complete simple tasks, such as signing a document.

This is on Big Sur 11.5.2; Acrobat Pro DC 2021.007.20091.

I haven't changed any settings or made any programatic changes.  All I want to do is sign simple documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Can you please follow steps mentioned in the link below and share the required logs 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Also, can you please try running Acrobat/Reader in native mode to see if the problem is resolved, see steps here https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/apple-silicon-m1-processor-support.html

Thanks,

Rohit Anand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I cannot change it to native mode because the program is so unstable it won't allow me to even get to the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reports attached. The crashing stopped briefly yesterday, but has started again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

The common thing about the kernel panics on my M1 iMac is that Adobe Acrobat is open. I may not necessarily be working on a document. 

Oh well.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Tried all the suggestions and still crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Acrobat renders the M1 mac useless. Takes 5 minutes just to close it. And the mac still is sluggish until reboot. Hope you guys get it fixed, its been a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering this issue as well. Acrobat plays a crucial role in my educational environment and it is constantly crashing at any supported files I throw at it.

Attached are my Adobe and Apple logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Adobe Logs window did not appear at the time of sending this post. I have attached the Apple log as well as the spindump (for another acrobat instance hang/crash)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is a report generated using the Adobe Crash Utility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashing immediately on load. My workflow depends on being able to read PDFs. I was able to get Acrobat working for a couple days by deleting the preferences file, but now that everything is up to date (Catalina 10.15.7, Acrobat 21.0) the crashes are back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I request everyone who is encountering this issue to upvote the bug report I have created on Adobe UserVoice here:

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44232393--bug-ac... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines