• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes when opening multiple files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open more than one file with Acrobat Pro DC. I can open the first PDF just fine, but opening a second causes the application to crash without warning. This problem has only started in the last day or two. Previously, I observed Acrobat crashing when moving the open window between monitors (removing from one and docking on another). I have tried this with many different files of varying size, restarted windows, and no luck so far. I am using version 2019.008.20080 on a Windows 10 Pro machine. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Oooooooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i find the real solution. you can translation to solve it.

花了好长时间,终于找到了解决方法,大家可以试一试,如果成功的话来分享一下喜悦。

解决方法:编辑,首选项,页面显示,关闭使用2d图形加速。完美解决!!

解决完思考了一下,应该是我之前升级了显卡驱动导致的,大家应该也可以通过显卡降级解决这玩意。

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sands329,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC is crashing when opening multiple pdf files on your win10 machine, Could you try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

If that doesn't work, set Acrobat to launch as an administrator using the steps given in the following help document and try again:

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Also, check if an update is available for your display adapter by clicking Start menu > Settings > Display

Also, let us know if there is any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Are the files you are trying to open located on a network? If yes, save them to the desktop and try opening the files again.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer. Repairing the installation and restarting did fix the issue, although just temporarily. Acrobat just crashed again when I was working with multiple pdfs open. I pulled the window from my secondary monitor over to my primary monitor and went full screen by snapping the window to the top of the screen. Then acrobat crashed, and now the same problem has returned. I cannot open more than one pdf at the same time. The root cause of the problems I am having appear to be related to either snapping a window with multiple pdfs open or moving between dual monitors, as I did this each time when the issue occurred. My display adapter is listed as up to date. I am running with an AMD Radeon R7 350X, 2 monitors, 1920x1080 resolution. Again, this issue has only come up in the last week or so. I have not installed any programs in that time or modified system settings, so I am not sure what has changed unless either a Windows update or Acrobat update occurred recently.

To your other questions: I do not receive any error message, and no message is logged after turning on logging; Most of my files are accessed over the network, but the issue is still present when loading pdfs locally.

I will repair the installation again, but I would like to say that this process takes entirely too long (nearly 15 minutes when I did this before). I would like to understand the root cause of the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have narrowed down the problem more specifically. I am able to open multiple pdfs when the screen is not maximized. However, when I go to full screen, either by snapping or pressing the maximize window button, Acrobat crashes. It happens on either screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sands329,

Could you try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Download and run cleaner tool on the machine to uninstall Acrobat: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Reboot the machine

3- Download and install Acrobat from here: Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

4- Reboot the machine again and check.

Also, try replicating the issue in a new user account by right- clicking the Start  button, then select Settings  > Accounts  > Other people > Add someone else to this PC, Login into that account, launch Acrobat from there and check.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be damned, that works for me too. After spending hours reinstalling, cleaning, repairing, cursing, and trying again, I think I will accept this work around as the best I can do for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that solution (using minimized screen) stopped working after two tries. It takes a little longer to crash is all.  Can't someone at Adobe find a working solution for this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adorobat  wrote

Hi sands329,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC is crashing when opening multiple pdf files on your win10 machine, Could you try repairing Acrobat using "Repair installation" option under Help menu, reboot the machine after repair and check.

If that doesn't work, set Acrobat to launch as an administrator using the steps given in the following help document and try again:

Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Also, check if an update is available for your display adapter by clicking Start menu > Settings > Display

Also, let us know if there is any error message when Acrobat crashes?

Are the files you are trying to open located on a network? If yes, save them to the desktop and try opening the files again.

-Shivam

Hi Shivam,

I am also experiencing this issue. There is no error message, the program just hangs and becomes unresponsive.

It seems as though the issue occurs when we open a pdf from a network location (such as sharepoint) first. If the first file is opened from a local folder, we can then open additional files without issue, regardless of location.

Repair/reboot will sometimes resolve the issue for a short period but it then returns.

When we run a system configuration report we do see the following:

Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Version: 25.20.100.6471

Check: Not Supported

We have since updated the drivers to the latest that Intel offers but it has not resolved the issue.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CGrimes,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try once to update the application to the latest version available. Refer to the following help document to check the latest version.

- Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Please let us know if you are still experiencing an issue in opening multiples files.

If yes, please share the following details as asked below:

- The current version of the Acrobat

- OS version on the machine

- What happens when you try to open multiple PDFs from a local folder? Do you experience similar behavior?

We will be waiting for your response.

Let us know if you need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

We checked for updates but there were none available. The currently installed version is Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.011.30143.

The machine is running Windows 10.

As long as the first file opened is saved in a local folder, we do not have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sands329, CGrimes​, romanobronx​, cjbmuller

Can you please provide crash dumps in order to investigate the cause of the crash? Following are the steps to set for automatic generation of crash dumps on windows:

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-generate-a-complete-memory-dump-on-windows-10-1590.html

You can share the crash dumps using and file sharing utility.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo sands329 (and Shivam),

I have exactly the same issue (Adode Pro DC 2019.008.20081).

When trying to open multiple files, Adobe just shuts down. No error message or code, it just closes.

I did exactly what sands329 suggested, I minimised my Adobe to not be in full screen, and all of a sudden I can open a second file without any issue.

With two files open, if I maximise back to full screen it freezes for a second and then shuts down again.

Even just enlarging the Adobe window (I've not been able to figure out the exact size) with two files open and it shuts down.

I have to stick to the window size that it opens with when opening the second file and as long as I stick to that size I can open other files without any issues. As soon as a second file is open, increasing or decreasing the window size becomes an issue.

I've performed all the steps mentioned en the post (Cleaner Tool, reboot, install again,...) and still no joy.

I'm running Win 10 Ent 1809 on a Dell 7050 also with a Radeon R7 350X and two screens (2560 x 1440 resolution).

All drivers up to date and the problem has only started within the last week.

Regards,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem resolved? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2020. I have this same issue. I am running Windows 10 OS version 1809 (OS build 17763.1039) with all of the latest patches and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.006.20042 on a corporate laptop connected to the network. When I open a .pdf from my local PC directory, Adobe opens as expected with no issues. However when I open a second .pdf, the second pdf document appears as a tab next to the 1st .pdf I opened, but within 5 seconds of that appearing, Adobe closes. No error or warning. I have launched the Acrobat Repair from the help menu and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I have also tried -short of using the AdobeAcroCleaner utility, all of the suggestions posted here and none of them have resolved this issue. Please, can someone from Adobe Tech Support advise us here as to how to resolve this issue? My laptop is a Dell Precision 5510 with integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 and Nvidia Quadro M1000M video card (all updated drivers) currently running on an Alienware AW3418DW monitor at 3440 x 1440, 50Hz resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StDun

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience.

As described the first PDF opens as expected. However, when you open the second PDF  the application crashes.  Are you these PDF files located locally on your computer or are they on a shared network drive? Please try to download the files locally to your computer and try opening them. 

For testing purpose please try to turn off the protected mode. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the protected Mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the application and check

Note: Please turn on the security after testing

If the files are already present locally on your computer, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the crash logs (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) upload the file to the document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share it with us for testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solutoin to this? My work requires multiple PDFs to be open at one time. But, as soon as I open a second PDF, the program crashes. I tried using the Adobe clean tool and doing a clean reinstall. I tried running the program as an administrator. And, I tried turning off the enhanced security settings. Nothing works. Please help fix this problem, the program is unuseable.

It's also not creating a dump when it crashes, despite following the instructions linked.

I could only get a process dump:

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3Abfb0614b-2efc-4623-80a3-ab14...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try using the application there and check. If it still doesn't work please share the crash logs of the profile.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, l have the same problem. l am a chinese, my english is not good, so i will speak it in chinese, please translate it into english, thanks.

我也有相同的问题,网上下载了不同版本的acrobat,从2018,2019,2020都试过了,会发生一样的问题,我也用清理软件完全的卸载了它,试过官方的卸载工具,也试过第三方强力卸载软件,然而都没有用。我反复装了好几次,都没能解决它,也试过修复,没用,也试过关闭增强保护,也没用。我有理由怀疑这和电脑本身有关系,我的电脑系统版本是win 10 1909家庭版。并且我发现,当我打开一文件,然后关闭它,再打开另一个文件,它依然会出现和之前一样的问题,尽管它没有同时打开两个pdf,这也许对你们解决问题有些帮助。说实话,我搞了一天的这个,都要崩溃了,中文搜索引擎上我能看到也有不少人出现了这种问题,然而全网都没有解决方法。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooooooohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i find the real solution. you can translation to solve it.

花了好长时间,终于找到了解决方法,大家可以试一试,如果成功的话来分享一下喜悦。

解决方法:编辑,首选项,页面显示,关闭使用2d图形加速。完美解决!!

解决完思考了一下,应该是我之前升级了显卡驱动导致的,大家应该也可以通过显卡降级解决这玩意。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I suggest you contact 木鱼 for any assistance required in the future. He or she clearly knows your product better than you do.
Chinese translation:
您好Amal,我建議您將來與木鱼聯繫以獲取任何幫助。 他或她顯然比您更了解您的產品。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 木鱼! Your solution worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it helped me fix the problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!!!!我折腾了四五个小时了!试过了所有的办法!爱你啊答主!!真是个好人!我现在眼泪都要流下来了...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii,vamsi here. hope ya'll doing good. so I've followed to the page that you were saying, after going there under PAGE DISPLAY i couldn't find 2d graphics acceleration. some one help me please...!Screenshot (9).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines