Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat pro DC for mac crashes when saving pdfs

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to have popped up for me in the past couple months, especially since updating to Big Sur which i believe updated acrobat as well.

I use acrobat for a significant part of my daily work, and the app freezing and crashing is greatly reducing my efficiency. The app most commonly freezes when i am saving a pdf to local servers on our network, or saving pdfs to my desktop. Ive heard that Acrobat has transitioned to using on the cloud for storing temporary files prior to the updated pdf being saved, which may be causing this issue.

If this is the case, is there a way to disable this?

thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnsonaaro

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is crashing on saving te PDF file .

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? PLease try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and check again for the issue .

Please make sure you have the latest version of the application. Go to Help > Check for Updates ands reboot the computer once and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works for you.

You may also check the help page - https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I would say that this affects pdf's across the board, as the file type we receive is very consistent. We often receive pdf's in Microsoft outlook and open them directly from there. It seems that a lot of the issues happen when i have to turn off certain layers in the pdf, then flatten layers, then save to my desktop or dropbox. At which point acrobat often freezes and/or crashes. 

Another time a lot of freezing/crashing happens, is when we get a final approved pdf we add a stamp to the pdf and save it to a local server. 

Again, we never had this issues until the past couple months, but it seems that now a lot more processing needs to happen in order to save a pdf where in the past it wasnt an issue. I did verify that my acrobat is up to date as well.

The next time i have one crash acrobat ill try saving it to my computer and opening/saving from there. Only issue with that, if it is the fix, is that it will create a lot of work to keep from running out of memory since we process a lot of pdfs.

thanks! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the information and keep us posted about how it goes after saving to the computer and opening.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines