• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC please wait a few minutes while the update is installed

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an on going problem with my iMac, running High Sierra v 10.13.6.

Regularly, my acrobat will stop printing. I can open a file, but when I hit Ctrl-P I get the spinning beach ball.

I restarted my computer, now it tells me that I should "please wait a few minutes while the update is installed..."

This comes after I have already uninstalled the application, reinstalled it, restarted my mac, reset my prefs, restarted my mac, searched for a solution, and it never finishes this phantom "update install".

I'll force quit the app, uninstall it again, reinstall it, and maybe it will work?

david

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

I had the same issue, MacOS 11.4 and the latest version of acrobat. 

I tried

• Quiting CC and reopening - didnt work
  • Restart - didnt work
  • uninstall Acrobat - didnt work
  • Opened a recently updated photoshop (it said verifying update as i opend it) then opened acrobat and problems solved!

So not sure why but maybe it was a permissions issue or something to do with verifying a recent update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Hi Kahmun, 

Please try this link to run the cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html 

Once done, try installing the application once again through the link shared above: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello.. 

i had the same problems as you did. There was a photoshop update in the creative cloud which waited to be downloaded. After i did that Acrobat worked smoothly again. I have no idea why this worked, but it did.

best, d

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that didnt work for me.   Same issue, mac os 11.5.2  and latest Acrobat.  I have no idea how this happened. It was working, then it stopped. No update, no changes.  The only thing is it stopped working right after i used photoshop to do something unrelated.   So I figured the photoshop upate trick mentioned here would work, but it did not.  I also tried re-intalling, and it still somehow manages to come up with this error. WTH adobe?    I never realized how much I rely on this one program until it suddenly crapped the bed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I was about to use the cleaner tool.

OS10.15 + latest Acrobat Dc installation.
opening Distiller did the trick for me. Now I realize I need to backup all my custom profiles very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough I tried updating other things, and for me it was Bridge. Which i rarely use. I updated, opened, closed and then Acrobat started working.  Very strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and the Photoshop update worked magic. Kinda sad, but hey, thanks for sharing, this saved my presentation tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here re: Photoshop... you'd think this bug fix would have come through pronto...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto all above. The Photoshop solution works (w/ Big Sur 11.6 on a 2021 iMac). And WHY hasn't Adobe fixed this longstanding problem in its Acrobat updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a really old post, and I'm not sure what Windows OS I am running, but I got the same message, opened PhotoShop, and that must have pushed an update through so, the opening of photoshop seems to be a working work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunatly I have Photoshop. Its 2023, Adobe get your act together!

Mac OS 13.6.1 (22G313), Acrobat 23.6.20360.0. I have to uninstall and run some cleaning tool then reinstall? Give me a break. Your software engineer time is more valuable than mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's pretty annoying that you all charge way more for this than you used to, but it sucks more.

Before there was a monthly fee, problems like this were understandable.  But now that you charge for this every month it's unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines