• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat won't open my files- Windows 10 Acrobat XI Pro

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to open the majority of PDFs recently I get the below message. It was working fine until I got a message not long ago that said support was discontinued or something to that effect. Any help is greatly appreciated. I just want to fix the issue so I can open files.

SMolsbee1969_0-1723577251539.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Opening non-PDF files in Acrobat requires them to be converted via the associated application, which is done via the OS. Since Acrobat XI is quite an old version, not officially compatible with Windows 10, it's not surprising that such connections are malfunctioning. You need to convert the file directly from Word (via the Adobe PDF printer, as mentioned in the error message, or the Acrobat plugin, if it works), and then you should be able to open the resulting PDF file in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening non-PDF files in Acrobat requires them to be converted via the associated application, which is done via the OS. Since Acrobat XI is quite an old version, not officially compatible with Windows 10, it's not surprising that such connections are malfunctioning. You need to convert the file directly from Word (via the Adobe PDF printer, as mentioned in the error message, or the Acrobat plugin, if it works), and then you should be able to open the resulting PDF file in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been opening files just fine until the last week or so. The files
were originally PDF.
I'm wanting to find out how to fix this so that I don't have to convert
100's of documents individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SMolsbee1969

Even if you launch Acrobat, click File > Open, and choose a docx file, the file will first be converted to PDF, and then you will be rendered with a PDF file preview. As @try67  mentioned, viewing doc and docx files natively in Acrobat is impossible. 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2024 Oct 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so now I am getting a notice:

SMolsbee1969_0-1728692826293.png

I have not been able to figure out where to find this file and to download it. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines