Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat cannot connect to the Review Server: 13.107.136.9

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

After using the PDF Review Server on multiple docs for about a year, I am today getting this error message:

"Adobe Acrobat cannot connect to the Review Server: 13.107.136.9"

defaultb2qn4s0rsx7w_0-1621095636690.png

We host our Team comments on SharePoint. I have no issue visiting the SharePoint and viewing the Adobe file.

Does anyone have an idea of this error's root cause and/or how to troubleshoot this?

I am really blocked from doing work.

I have tried many of the other remedies posted in this community to no avail (tried logging in/out of SharePoint, Adobe, deleting credentials, rebooting, etc.)

Here is the Acrobat Pro DC version:

defaultb2qn4s0rsx7w_1-1621095877626.png

Thanks,

Howard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Greetings,

I solved this and wanted to post the information I found.

From the content of the error messages shown in the  Acrobat Review Tracker I got a hint that the MS SharePoint is denying access due to a bad Security Credential. A week prior I had reset and re-established my multi-factor authentication with MS Teams for other unrelated reasons.

I did two operations and solved the problem. I am not sure which of the two or both made the difference:

(1) Clear remembered account information...

Adob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first I though this was related to the last update of May, but as I read the release notes for this update, there is no known issue with the Sharepoint integration.

On the other hand, it appears that Micrososft did some recent  changes that affect the way PDFs are associated with ActiveX controls, specially for Sharepoint online services.

See this troubleshooting link :

Let me know if it helps or not so I can gather more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ls_rbls,

I had a quick chat with my admin and sadly our SharePoint is host by MS in Office365. I cannot follow up on these suggestions on the Server side.

Any other suggestion I can test?

Regards,

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in that case, did you followed the instructions that the error message indicates in your screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I solved this and wanted to post the information I found.

From the content of the error messages shown in the  Acrobat Review Tracker I got a hint that the MS SharePoint is denying access due to a bad Security Credential. A week prior I had reset and re-established my multi-factor authentication with MS Teams for other unrelated reasons.

I did two operations and solved the problem. I am not sure which of the two or both made the difference:

(1) Clear remembered account information...

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC > Preferences > Security > Adobe Experience Manager Document Security > Clear remembered account information...

(2) Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC > Preferences > Internet > Internet Settings...

Internet Properties > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer settings > Reset... > Reset

After I did these two steps I can now connect to the SharePoint review server without error.

Thanks for you help and ideas to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome!

Thank you for sharing that solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue at my company, and we no longer can access our shared reviews on SharePoint. I tried the two steps above but still have issues. Is there another work around that I can try?

kristinsalaway_0-1631220195863.png

kristinsalaway_1-1631220306833.png

I am also logined in with valid creditionals. 

kristinsalaway_2-1631220510478.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

we have an issue when we try to use the Shared Review with acrobat Reader 2020 Version 2020.004.30020

Roberta22935904oc39_0-1645716721610.jpeg

This issue occures for some users, for the others it works fine.

Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot

roberta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try Resetting the Internet Explorer/EDGE Settings

Good Look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I tried to apply the steps suggested, but the issue occurres again.

1) Clear remembered account information...

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC > Preferences > Security > Adobe Experience Manager Document Security > Clear remembered account information...

(2) Reset Internet Explorer Settings

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC > Preferences > Internet > Internet Settings...

Internet Properties > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer settings > Reset... > Reset

Do you have other suggest?

Thanks a lot

Roberta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter in Explorer/Edge settings and reset

Not Adobe

Try this

Good look

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the Internet Explorer Settings resolved this for us. Thanks you so much! You've saved me from a world of pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more here saved from world of pain. I dont know how many contacts to Adobe Support to try to resolve this issue. 

Its only resetting the navegator edge and Bingo!

Thanks you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I continue to get the same error also if the actions suggested have been done:

->Enter in Explorer/Edge settings and reset

For all documents I get

Roberta22935904oc39_0-1653307498757.png

Can you tell me if we have to do some check?

Thanks

Roberta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the Internet Options > Advanced Reset settings be sure you turn on delete personal settings.

ruckuspubs_0-1677197655209.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ruckuspubs,

Thank you, very much. Your solution helped me. I wouldn't have checked the Delete personal settings option if you had not suggested this solution. I can now view my reviewer's comments. 

However, I recently got an Adobe pop-up message stating, IE is about to expire and they suggested we set Edge as the default browser. I am not sure, what needs to be done about that. For time being, this solution works. Thank you, very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're seeing this problem again with Adobe Acrobat 2024. Sadly the interface has changed slightly so the Reset Internet Explorer settings option seems to no longer exist in the UI. Hunting for another workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines