• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat PRO 2020 not responding on Windows 10.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are currently experiencing a problem with Adobe Acrobat PRO 2020.
Problem starts from time to time when we try to start the app.
The app freezes and program stops responding, when user try to close the app, the kill a process dialog box appears.
After reopening 5-6 times it starts working like nothing happened- there are no errors or anything at all.
It is happening on every single computer in our infrastructure. Specs of one of PCs:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2125 CPU @ 4.00GHz

64 GB DDR4

Disk Samsung SSD M.2

Windows 10 Pro

Sometimes application works very slow. Closing application doesn't help.

We were trying to uninstall the app, also with Adobe Cleaner and it didn’t bring us any solution, the problem still persists.

What are your advices?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mariusz279566425r9k 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat 2020 you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 20.05.30436 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue happens when I don't have any PDF running as well as when I want to run a PDF

I have version 2020.005.30407 installed. 

I tried to fix using the help menu, but it doesn't help.

I created a new profile with an administrator however, it did not help. I have Adobe Acrobat 2020 pro installed. Previously, the Adobe Reader was installed on this machine during the installation of the Windows Active Directory domain. Have you more advices?

Regards,

Mariusz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Edited]

Hi @Mariusz279566425r9k 

The version 20.005.30407 is quite an old version; please update the application to the recent version, 20.05.30436, and reboot the computer once. You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/classic/dcclassic20.005jan2023.htm... and see if that fixes the issue.

If it still doesn't work, would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue also, please collect the procmon logs as described here https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the logs to the cloud > generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines