• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat XI Standard automatically closes after opening

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 25th of october we're having these issues on all installed computers at my company.

No error message, adobe acrobat just closes.

I already browsed the forum for similar problems and have tried several "solutions" but for me nothing has worked so far.

not : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/AcrobatXIcrash.html

not : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/adobe-acrobat-not-opening-or-crashing-on-launch.html

operating system : windows 10 build 1809

reinstalling doesn't work, re-entering the license didn't work.

adober reader DC has no problems

any other suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

I managed to update the installation to version 11.0.23 and so far it seems to be working.

hopefully this might be a solution for others aswel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat XI is no longer supported by Adobe and it's becoming less and less compatible with Windows 10 with each new update.

I recommend you try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS (if you haven't already), but if that doesn't work you might need to bite the bullet and buy a newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to update the installation to version 11.0.23 and so far it seems to be working.

hopefully this might be a solution for others aswel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stefaan_Claes , you are the real hero. Acrobat was not picking up on the update but I was able to find it. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Stefaan, you are correct! I just had the same problem and it is now fixed. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't usually comment/reply but this definitely did the trick. Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry can you explain to a begginer how the problem  was fixed .Can Any one send me detailed ibstruction setp by step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re going to keep updating Windows, sooner or later it will pull the rug out from under Acrobat XI. Be prepared, and remember there are unfixed security issues too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have this same issue. I found a update file on Adobe's website (https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows). When I run the file AcrobatUpd11023.msp. It gives me an error: "Windows Installer does not permit patching of managed advertised products. At leaset one feature of the product must be installed before applyihng the patch." Can you tell me where you got your update file? Do I have to do increment updates like from 11.0.6 to 11.0.13 to get to 11.0.23? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to my issue above with not able to install the patch AcrobatUpd11023.msp. The fix for this: 

1. Close adobe acrobat XI

2. Go to Windows Task Manager

3. Find Adobe Acrobat Update Service in "Backgroup processes" section and END TASK.

4. Close task manager and run the update without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed these instructions It worked perfectly. Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help ,it works , but the upgrade messaage still popping out , if i click it will go back to same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks , for the help

and Adobe community as one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have to install the updates one by one, in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am also having this same problem. Did running the updates fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the update from the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/11/11.0.23.html 

and for me this is working on all affected computers in my company

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed this is the fix. I have multiple users who had this issue. After applying the upgrade they seem to be working without any issue. Thank you Stefaan_Claes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting in Acrobat X, updates are cumulative. So for Acrobat XI and X you only need to install the final update 11.0.23. For Acrobat 9 and older, you do have to instal each update, one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2nd confirmation.  Thanks Stefaan_Claes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. it works. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this solved the problem for us! Note, we got an error message stating "it was probably already updated or had some other issue". I clicked the ignore option, and it finished the install and worked perfectly. We were still on 11.00 as it has never been able to update successfully through the normal updater. No idea why, but this will get us by until we're able to upgrade to a newer version. Thx again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly and was easy besides.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  I went to that download page and got the update to 11.0.23, installed it, and now Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 does not close after about 20 seconds.  The update seems to have fixed the problem for now.  I too got an error message stating "it was probably already updated or had some other issue".  Clicking the ignore button finished the install.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Worked for me.  I'm still on Windows 7 so I had to select Stop Service for the Adobe Update Serice since I didn't see an option to End Task.  Went to Task Manager>Services tab>Sevices Button (bottom right of screen). Selected the service and then clicked Stop the Service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines