• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C136 Error when freshly installing Acrobat Pro DC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribed to the monthly plan of Acrobat Pro DC and downloaded the installer and ran it in Administrator mode.

After proceeding to 75%, it waits for a long time and then gives me a C136 error with an option to retry or quit. I've attempted "retry" thrice, only to end up at the same place.

I also followed instructions in these forums and ran the Adobe CC cleanup tool as well as the uninstaller tool. It still does not get resolved.

Windows 10 Home

i7 4th Gen processor

8 GB RAM

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

uninstall all reader and acrobat versions

clean your computer per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the app to install your acrobat subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall all reader and acrobat versions

clean your computer per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

use the app to install your acrobat subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I followed those steps, but still not much luck. Although the error did change

CC install completed successfully, and when I selected to install Acrobat from within CC, it failed.

Here's the log the Acrobat installer spat out, after aborting at about 55% or so:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 17.9.20058.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_17.009.20058 -----------

ERROR: DW071:

ERROR: DW003: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!! I followed another post in this forum and enabled the Print Spooler service, and BINGO! Acrobat Pro DC installed successfully at last!!

My god, I'd almost given up any hopes of ever getting this thing to run. Thanks a ton, kglad​ and karlespy23​ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your symptoms are EXACLTY the same as mine.

Unfortunately your solution doesn't work for me.

I've tried ALL the "clear everything down" guides, including removing registry entries which Adobe's installers STILL leave behind. Nothing is working.

So far I've lost 12 working hours on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you enable your print spooler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I ran into this for the first time today.  Error C136 at 72.1% - tried 'retry' three times, would not move past 72.1%.  Per another user comment, I check my print spooler service - it was started.  I restarted it, then chose 'retry' again...installation completed.

Just wanted to share.

JMM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey its June 2020 and i ran into same error tried a lot of stuffs i could find online with no luck.

Until i saw this and reluctantly decide to try .

S0 the installer stopped with an error message  at about 68% . All i did was go to run and type services.msc

it showed my running services i noticed the printer spooler was not activated i set it to manual and then i started it with a right click .

Went back and clicked rety and surprising the installation went through.

Cant believe a simple fix like this would do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I tred all of the above .. 

The Print Spooler was running  I restarted but the same error comes up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been having this issue too. I've spent colletively over 6 hours trying to figure this out over the past couple of months.

Finally installed the Acrobat Pro trial at this link: Acrobat Pro Trial and then signed into my Adobe account after it installed and viola! I've got Acrobat Pro again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, its November 2020. I spent all day to solve out the problem even asking for customer service with remote control. But I couldn't find out how to deal with it.

So I am thinking of giving up... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feb. 2021 - Same issues everyone else was having with installing and then erroring out with error 136; thank you to everyone; stopped print spooler - set to manual - started print spooler - clicked Retry it installed and is working.  Thank you everyone for the hours you've spent on this, I've been there before with other troubleshooting, it was nice to find a fix so quickly this time!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

newbie here....where do you find the 'print spooler'??  This error is driving me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click start>type services.msc hit enter

• Look for Print Spooler then follow the rest of the above instructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously? The print spooler? I disabled this because of the recent vulnerability. I do not want to compromise my PC just to install a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years later and this is still a thing. Unbelieveable!
what worked for me was Uninstalling Acrobat, then deleting the Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC folder. It may not let you delete a sub folder or two, just rename them to whatever you like 'useless adobe installer' perhaps 🙂
Then install Acrobat again from the hideous CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its work. Thank yo! *2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 20th, 2023, this worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! I have been trying for days to get this to install. Thank you so much. You're awesome!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just went through a similar step with Adobe Remote Support in 2023 (literally a few mins ago) and this was all they did! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Made sure my print spooler was active AND deleted this folder, but still no success in the reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feb 2024 and still can not get it to install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines