• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot remove Bates Numbers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am constantly getting the below error when trying to remove Bates Numbers. 

I am on Acrobat Pro DC, 2022.001.20142. I've tried this on 3 different computers, all Windows 10 and running the same version. 

I've tried this witih scanned documents, non-scanned and blank documents and it's still happening. 

I try to remove the numbers immediately after adding them from Acrobat (edit PDF > More > Bates Numbering > Add) so there's nothing I'm doing in between that would interfere with the process. 

I've tried testing putting the numbers in all different directions. (Left/Right/Center Header/Footer) and have also tried testing with the various Appearance Options checked/unchecked. 

I saw a lot of other threads with this problem but none had a resolution. Is this a known problem? Please advise, thank you!

stesz_0-1657059373522.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Thank you, this is resolved now. I was adding the bates incorrectly by just typing in the header/footer text fields instead of pressing the "insert bates number" button and doing it that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine as i was able to add and remove the bate numbers from the PDF file.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. Also, please share the PDF file in question with us so that we can check it at our end.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win only) and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that works.

As a workaround, you may also use the redaction tool to remove the bates numbers from the PDF and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this is resolved now. I was adding the bates incorrectly by just typing in the header/footer text fields instead of pressing the "insert bates number" button and doing it that way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines