• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Palette Shrunk

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the color palette has shrunk so tiny to about a 1X1 tile and it's alsmot impossible to see the color palette. I first noticed this when I used the highlight function on text and then right click the highlight, select Properties, and the color palette appears. Except it's tiny! Only because I'm very familiar with it am I able to click the colors I want, but it's practiclly not functional. I've tried exiting; Ive tried this in the new Acrobat and then rolling it back to the old version; I've tried the Repair Installation option; I've even unistalled it and then dowbloaded a fresh copy from the Adobe... nothing works! I'm still getting a tiny palette.  ...I thought it was associated with my student account (some bug in the organization's version?) but I logged out and signed back in as a different user and still the same! I had decided it was something Adobe did intentionally to phase that feature out... but on the school computers, the feature works normally. I use this feature extensively, and I'm not finding the new (but convenient) highlight feature sufficient, which gives you about a dozen colors to choose from for highlight color. I already had a palette setup that I use. Really hard to use it now with that tiny palette. Here is a picture:Adobe001.jpg

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sangel1ca 

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please confirm the version of Acrobat DC you are currently using? You can check this by navigating to Help > About Acrobat. Make sure you have the latest version, which should be 23.08.20533. If not, please proceed to Help > Check for updates and ensure your software is up-to-date. After updating, reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

Additionally, for Windows users, I recommend attempting to repair the installation from the Help menu and observing if that resolves the issue.

Furthermore, you may find it helpful to reset your Acrobat preferences. You can follow the steps outlined in this guide: How to Reset Acrobat Preference Settings to Default.

To adjust the screen resolution settings, please navigate to Preferences (Ctrl/Cmd+K) > General, then set 'Scale for screen resolution' to 'Auto detect'. Click Ok, then restart the application to see if this adjustment improves performance.

Please let me know if these steps help or if you require further assistance.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your response. The version I'm using is: 2023.008.20555

I had tried to update the software before but it continues to say: No Updates Available

That is when I decided to uninstall and reinstall (force the latest version). I tried it again just now: Help >> Check for updates; and I got the same message: No Updates Available, Installed: Adobe Acrobat: (64-bit)

I'm a Windows user and as I stated in my first post, I already attempted the "Repair Installation" option in the Help drop-doown menu. Didn't work. I'm not messing with screen resolutions as I have not any adjustments to this since I bought my laptop. Morevover, messing with the screen resolution is going to mess up (move around) my desktop icons, which I have in certain order.

From the number of Upvotes my first post received above, I'm guessing I'm not the only one with this issue--so it can't be my laptop's resolution. Something became corrupt perhaps in the registry. Do you have any instructions on what key this might be in Windows 11 registry?

Thank you,

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there ever a resolution to this? I made the original post and I still have the same problem and have no solution to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines