• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining files gives the error "docname could not be converted to PDF"

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a monthly basis I create a single PDF document using the Combine tool which contains a combination of PDF, Word and PowerPoint documents. I now have a new laptop and this is throwing errors with some (not all) of the Word or PPT documents unable to convert.
The result is inconsistent - a document may fail in one try but succeed the next.
With my IT service provider we have:

• Ensured I have a 64bit version of Office.
  • Run the Office repair tool on the Office installation.
  • Tried running it without our security software. 
  • Changed security settings in Adobe.

None of these have given a conclusive resolution. Searches of the community and help pages has not resolved the issue.
Anyone able to help with this.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mike282732156zj1 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

As mentioned its an issue with some random files, what is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20314 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the response.

The version is the current version 2022.003.20314 | 64-bit.

I moved the "Preferences" folder and still had the same error on a Word document.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mike282732156zj1 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding? Please share the PDF file in question via private message so we can chek it at our end.

Also, please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud, generate the link, and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Amal,

I have provided the request info via DM to you. The message has the same subject as this thread.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mike282732156zj1 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for sharing the required information and the files.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine.

Have you tried using the application in new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or the root account in MAC? Please share your observation.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amal,

That's annoying it wasn't able to be replicated.

I will need some assistance from our IT Dept to create the test user profil with full admin rights.So let me try that and get back to you.

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines