• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting .doc/.docx to PDF is producing blank pages

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to convert single or multiple word files(.doc / .docx) into a PDF, the result is a PDF where the first page shows normally, but all the remaining pages are blank. I used to be able to highlight or select the files I would need to compile into a PDF format, and simply right click them, then select "combine files in Acrobat" and each word document would be individually converted with success within Acrobat, but now I keep having this issue whether I try to convert a single file or multiple files. I have also tried to save as PDF within microsoft word, but this also produces the same result. The only effective means that I have found is to individually open each word doc and Export it as PDF. This takes a significantly longer amount of time than simply highlighting all the files and combining them by right clicking expecially when dealing with close to 100 files at times. 

Since this issue first began, I have attempted to convert several word documents newer and older. I have even attempted to convert files that I was previously able to with no issues in the past, and now have this issue. Attached are examples of the files that I have been using, the word document and the PDF that it converts to when I try any method other than "Export as PDF" within word. As you can see, the PDF file has blank pages where there should be text. 

Please let me know if there is a solution to this issue.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Modern Acrobat , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to save as PDF within microsoft word, but this also produces the same result.

By @Daniel27879926wlpk

Save as and selecting PDF as file type or Save as Adobe PDF?

How do you export?

Did you try to drag and drop a Word file to Acrobat?

What are your versions (Word and Acrobat)?

What is your OS version?

(please be precise, we need the exact version number)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, within Word, I am able to save as PDF, save as Adobe PDF, and Export as PDF. All those options work just fine when using Word to convert the .doc/.docx file to a PDF. Unfortunately just like I have said before, it is incredibly inconvenient to have to do this with each individual document when trying to combine a substantial amount of files together into a single PDF, which I used to be able to do with ease before encountering this issue.

As for how I usually combine my files, I typically do a combination of both highlighting all the files in file explorer, then right clicking and selecting "Combine files in Acrobat", as well as dragging and dropping the files into acrobat when certain files are saved in different folders and locations on my terminal. (refer to the attached files CombineExample.png and CombineExample2.png) I have even tried using the "Create" feature located on the document tab toolbar within Acrobat, and selecting "Combine files" under the Multiple files option and use the "Add Files" button. None of these methods seem to work using, or within Acrobat.

Version info:

Adobe Acrobat Standard: Continuous Release | Version 2023.006.20320 | 64-bit

Microsoft Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 208 Build 16.0.16731.20052) 64-bit

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045

I work on a computer provided by my office and there are other people within the office on separate terminals that are also experiencing this same issue.

Please let me know if you need me to provide any more info, and please help me to get this issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue since September 1st combining Word files.  I went through 3 Adobe support people only to be told they know there is a problem and it will be fixed by the end of September or maybe the first week of October.  With our IT assistance I was able to figure out a work around.  We have the ability to access our Adobe online.  Combining files works doing it that way, but it doesn't create bookmarks which I need in my final document.  I have been using the Convert to PDF, you can drag and drop a list of files, convert to PDF, download the PDFs, then combine them on my desktop Adobe.  It's the only way I can get it to work and do what I need.  The conversion to PDF is pretty quick compared to combining the Word documents so overall, it doesn't take much more time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the end I wound up trying this and the online in browser version of Adobe seemed to work just fine, which likely means this issue is something to do with the most recent version of Acrobat. While this is a great workaround for the time being, the issue is still present on the desktop version, so hopefully Adobe will get around to fixing it as it seems there isn't a genuine solution to this problem yet.

Thank you for your input though! Until the issue is fixed this is definitely something that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are unable to reproduce this at our end with the shared files. Can you please share some more test files with us exhibiting the issue?

Please also try to update your Office version and repairing Acrobat and let us know if that solves your problem.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exact same issue is happening to me too. Everytime I combine multiple files and there are word documents in there only the first page is visible and every other page in the document is blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Was this working fine for you earlier? Please share some sample files exhibiting the issue.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an set of 8 Word files that have this issue when I combine them with Acrobat.

I have tried repairing Acrobat, reinstalling it and updating it to no avail

My Office is also up to date. 

Daniel27879926wlpk_1-1694783674734.pngDaniel27879926wlpk_2-1694785123951.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the files. We tried with these files but are unable to reproduce the issue. We have logged a bug for engineering team to look into this issue. We may reach out to you for further information, if required. 

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an end-user using Acrobat version 2023.006.20320 64-bit and Windows 10 Pro 22H2 that is seeing the same result. If you right click, Convert to Acrobat PDF a two page document, the first page of the newly created PDF is blank overwriting the data that was in the Word document.

I tried a three page document and it converts the first page, but pages 2 and 3 are both blank.

I tried this on my own computer with the same versions of Acrobat and Windows 10 Pro and do not see this issue happening. I'm trying the same documents the end-user is having problems with. I can convert them successfully on my computer. We're not on the same network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 end users having the same issue  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this error. When combining multiple Word files using the right-click "Combine Files in Acrobat" function from Windows Explorer, the resulting PDF is mostly blank pages. Only the first page of each combined Word file contains text. This began maybe 2 weeks ago. I am using Adobe Acrobat (23.006.20320),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, used to be able to convert word docs using combine files and now some of the word docs (after the first page) are blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue with two end users at my company. Have tried uninstalling the programs with Adobe Support to no avail, who did not indicate that this was a widespread issue. 

Interestingly enough it does not affect all users, so not sure why some are affected. All users are on the same Adobe version. Only difference between me and them is Windows 11 vs Windows 10.

Hoping for some clarity from Adobe Support!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10, is it working correctly on windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it does seem to work in Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's good to know.  I will test it wth another laptop I have running 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested to know what occurs!

That being said I just spoke with another Adobe rep who did indeed indicate that this is a widespread issue (couldn't confirm if it is Windows 10 vs 11) and that Adobe is working with Windows to resolve it as "quickly as possible". Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So tried it on my windows 11 and the word docs converted to pdf and combined fine, no blank pages.  Tried the same word docs on my window 10 computer and blank pages after the first word doc.  I think we may have found the cause for some of us anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See attached test on windows 10 and windows 11.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to know! Thanks for testing that out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an end-user experiencing this problem. I am running Windows 10 Pro and am not seeing the issue on my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues with combine of some Word files to PDF, but with some other Word files, I have all pages blank in PDF.

It started to happen after Office 365 update to latest version. I have that problem on multiple computers with latest version of Office (Microsoft 365 Apps). 
Tested on computer with older version of Office with 2 months old version and there is no problem.

For me it seems like compatibility issue between Office and Adobe acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I'll have to see if my windows 11 computer is running the older version of 365.  I don't use it much so it may be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines