Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and paste that does not take accents into account

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

J'utilise Adobe Acrobat Pro DC et lorsque je veux copier-coller un texte (copier depuis Acrobat et coller dans Word par exemple), les caractères avec accents (é, è, à,...) ne s'affichent pas et sont remplacés par des espaces. 

Par exemple, je copie ce texte depuis Acrobat : "le secrétaire général doit se charger d’organiser un des évènements clés de l’association", et lorsque je colle (dans Word ou un moteur de recherche) il apparaît ceci : "le secr taire g n ral doit se charger d’organiser un des  v nements cl s de l’association". 

Quelles manipulation dois-je faire pour régler le problème ? 

Merci

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20085 from the help > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie-Hermine

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, copy Paste that does not take accents into account.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.05.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once and check if that helps.

If it doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that works.

You may also try create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A priori c'est un problème d'encodage des caractères, typique des PDF générés avec des logiciels bas-de-gamme, mais pour vous aider plus avant il faudrait que vous partagiez votre document.

Voir : https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Danish letters æøå.

Worked fine before the latest update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Issue is reproducible at our end.

Has forwarded it to our engineering team.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For Acrobat DC users, as a workaround, please use "Copy With Formatting" option available on right click context menu (right beneath "Copy" option). 

-Gaurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... Acrobat DC version 2021.005.20048... on Mac Mini M1
-Tanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always used Acrobat Reader in my work, I always copied the texts and never had problems.

But now when I copy and paste a text somewhere else, it doesn't copy the accents, it's like a "blank" character. I tried to uninstall and install without success. I've already tested it with another PDF reader and it works normal, it copies normal text, just like in the browser.
Despite that, I didn't want to stop using adobe. Can someone help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LeonardoJacobsen

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described when I copy text in Acrobat Reader doesn't copy the accents.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the version 21.05.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to repair the installation (Win Only) from the help menu and see if that works. Go to Help > Check for updates

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in WIndows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply, but it didn't work.

I tried to follow the steps to Restore the Acrobat preferences files (Mac OS) but the files mentioned were not present:

Acrobat WebCapture Cookies
com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist or com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro_x86_9.0.plist
Acrobat Distiller Prefs and com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist (if you are troubleshooting an issue with Distiller)
The Acrobat folder, which contains preferences for forms (MRUFormsList), collaboration (OfflineDocs), and color settings (AcrobatColor Settings.csf)

I keep trying to find out what happened.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this temporary solution, it works for accents but it creats other problems of letters transforming into space !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the shortcut for "Copy With Formatting" please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne pense pas que le problème vienne d'un problème d'encodage des caractères. J'ai généré des fichiers avec les dernières versions d'indesign et d'Illustrator et j'ai aussi le problème.

Le problème vient de l'installation de la dernière version du 08 juin 2021 Version DC de juin 2021 (21.005.20048). Je n'avais pas le problème avec la précédente du 11 mai 2021 Version DC de mai 2021 (21.001.20155).

Dans mes paramètres Creative Cloud, j'ai bien spécifié que je ne voulais pas des installations automatiques, mais Mais Acrobat s'est mis à jour sans demander... Et du coup toute l'entreprise a le même problème. 

Désinstaller et réinstaller ne change rien. J'ai fait cette manipulation suite à la demande d'une personne chez Adobe.
On peut à priori peut-être contourner le problème en cliquant droit puis en utilisant "copier avec formatage".
Lors du coller, le texte est collé avec entre des "". 

J'ai contacté le support Adobe à ce problème...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble caused.

The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix. We will share the update once we hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amal. I think another user is having a variation of this problem with accented glyphs being retained.

See this post. https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/spanish-accents-missing-letters/m-p/12124669

The user is copying FROM Acrobat 2021.005.20048 to other programs, and the accented glyphs started being dropped with the recent release. Can you alert engineering about this variation, too?

I'm concerned about how this bug is happening. Given that the fonts are OpenType/Unicode, each accented character is a unique codepoint that should be retained amoung different technologies and file formats. That was one of the main reasons why the computer industry adopted Unicode in 2000.

Examples:

• 00F1 = Latin lowercase n with tilde |  ñ
  • 00E9 = Latin lowercase e with acute  |  é

Both the accent and the root letter are one Unicode glyph; hard to understand how an entire portion of the Unicode code chart is not being recognized or retained. That's a huge number of glyphs! http://www.unicode.org/charts/ see Latin Basic, Latin Supplement, Latin extended, etc.

Thanks for pushing this up the channels!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clearly explaining to Adobe the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dans mes paramètres Creative Cloud, j'ai bien spécifié que je ne voulais pas des installations automatiques, mais Mais Acrobat s'est mis à jour sans demander"

C'est dans les Préférences d'Acrobat que ça se règle.

En fait Acrobat Pro ne fait pas vraiment partie de Creative Cloud, c'est plutôt une pièce rapportée développée par une équipe indépendante. Il suffit de comparer les interfaces pour s'en convaincre 😉

Capture_431.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pour ma part, je n'ai pas à savoir qui a développé Acrobat Reader. Dans l'application, il est bien indiqué "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC". Le copyright 1984-2021 est bien attribué à Adobe... Et j'avais bien installé Acrobat reader Pro DC depuis Creative Cloud. De plus, il m'a été impossible de garder décoché l'option de mise à jour automatique. Dès que je revenais dessus, elle était cochée.

Quand je désactive les mises à jour automatiques dans l'interface  Creative Cloud, je ne dois pas avoir à vérifier si les applications ont leurs propres fonctionnement spécifique.
Le problème est temporairement résolu. J'ai déinstallé acrobat, installé la version que m'a indiqué le support Adobe (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html), puis mis à jour vers la version 21.001.20155.

Mais entre la mise à jour auto que je n'avais pas vu, une mise à jour (AcroRdrDCUpd2100120155_MUI.dmg) de la version 21.001.20155 qui bloquait tout, j'ai du dé-installer et ré-installer 3 fois Adobe Acrobat.
Je n'ai actuellement plus le problème.
A noter : sur mon PC qui a la version 21.005.20048, je n'ai pas le problème d'accents lors des copier / coller.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Et j'avais bien installé Acrobat reader Pro DC depuis Creative Cloud. De plus, il m'a été impossible de garder décoché l'option de mise à jour automatique. Dès que je revenais dessus, elle était cochée."

Cette option n'est disponible que dans Acrobat Pro, pas dans Acrobat Reader.

Mais vous n'avez peut-être pas à savoir la différence entre les deux ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Réponse brillante, merci…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ADOBE PRO cont release version V2021.005.20048. When I check for updates it says I am up to date - how can I correct this problem if the program won't give me an update option.

Thanks

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the optional update, as stated above. Works for me on my Mac OS install, even though I'm quite curious why the update can't be installed / found via the Check for updates. I'm copying from PDF files to InDesign several times a day, and a lot of errors can occur, if there are special characters in the PDF 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cette version proposée résout le problème pour moi. Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac book doesn't know how to run this .msp file and can't find any explanation. What a time lost for this stupid accent issue, why not just a regular update for everyone ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines