Exit

Copying and Pasting PNG causes a black box

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

Please can someone assist me?

I can add a PNG image in Adobe Acrobat DC (version 21.007.20099), but when i try to copy that same image and paste it into the same PDF document, it causes a black box

This has never happened before? i have always been able to copy and paste PNG images without an issue?

Please assist?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

I was able to get this resolved after having a support agent remote into my computer. Try going to edit, then prefeneces. Under Security (Enhanced), make sure enable enhanced security is uncheck, enable protected mode at startup is unchecked, and protected view is off. After checking these settings, you might want to close and reopen Acrobat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Hi @Nikita21917005vq8x  @Melissa26711552r0ue @Ryan2565820517g5 @threeeyedspider @AthenaAdvancedSolutions 

Hope you are doing well.

The new version of Adobe Acrobat DC 22.3.20310 is now available, addressing this issue. Please update the application from the help menu > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikita

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Copying and Pasting PNG causes a black box

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding? Also please share the sample PDF file and the PNG image so that we can check it our end.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the OS you are using?

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and see if that makes any difference

You may also create a new test user profile or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue, I noticed it started happening mid january, before then, it would paste fine. I'm guessing maybe linked to an update or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens in any PDF file

Moved the preferences folder as you suggested and it does not help

Have attached an example of a PNG that i use and a video showing what happens

i have copied and pasted images like this onto acrobat for ages. never had an issue

Windows Version 19042.1348

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikita,

Thanks for sharing the details along with the PNG file and video recording.

We would also require the procmon logs from your Windows machine as described here - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share the logs file with us via document cloud as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Any feedback yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting. We have shared the logs and other details to our engineering team for their review.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have discussed the issue with the engineering team and they have suggested to insert the PNG image using the 'Add image' option present in the Edit Tool

1. Open the PDF

2. Go to Tools > Edit

3. Select 'Insert Image' and follow the onscreen instructions and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Yes that works fine.

But sometimes i need to copy and paste the same picture multiple times. Doing it the way you are suggesting is time consuming. Copying and pasting an image has never been a problem, why is it a problem now?

I need a better solution for this please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an update for this? I am having the same issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also experienced the same issue, happened recently, been able to copy and paste for ages without any issues and all of a sudden it gives a black image (png file).

Please try and provide a solution as it seems to be a general problem being experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that

Please collect the Adobe CC logs as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

and the procmon logs (Win Only) as described here - https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

and share the logs via document cloud - https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Here is the CC Logs AdobeLogs_20211202_071432_676-win-GS.zxp

And here is the link

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:5fba0074-845b-4704-b905-9d90ae69b2fd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the logs and other details. We have shared the same with the engineering team for their  review. We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Any feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to keep you waiting. We haven't heard anything from the engineering team yet, we are waiting for their input. We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything form them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning Amal!

I trust you had a good holiday season!

Please can you provide feedback on this problem? 

It has now been over a month since we last communicated and this problem is becoming more frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikita

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

The issue is still in discussion with the engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update with you as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I've been having this same exact issue for the last few weeks. It has really been negatively impacting our productivity, we never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

it has now been more than 2 months since i first requested assistance. This is getting ridiculous. There are obviously a lot of people having the same problem. Our productivity is affected

Please can we have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, we are also having this issue now which is negatively impacting our business operations. Please provide an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. This issue is still in discussion with the engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update with you as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was not an issue previously? there must have been an update that caused this issue. Can we not just undo the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines