• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document flickering when using Output Preview

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Adobe Acrobat 2021.011.20039 on MacOS 10.15.7, the document flickers when viewing it through Output Preview.
I had the same problem on an earlier version of Acrobat (2021.05), but it has gotten a lot worse since.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Version 23.003.20201 that was just released today fixes this issue! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Document flickering when using Output Previe. 

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the PDF file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and try again.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC nd try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exeperiencing exactly the same problem. I have tried restoring Acrobat preferences, but it made no difference. I am running Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) on iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 24GB Ram, Acrobat DC Continuous release version 2021.011.20039. Some PDFs are worse than others in terms of flashing/re-rendering frequency, but all seem to be affected. It happens both locally and on network drives. I have a video of the worst case, but it is not permitting me to upload it here (39mb). Please can you offer some advice to resolve this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I am getting this same problem, as is a colleague of mine on a dfferent site, is there any more advice you can offer? It still happens if I log into a different (admin) user account on the same Mac and also log into a different Adobe CC account.

It makes working with some PDFs very difficult. I look forward to your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D4v3,

I sent Amal the CC Logs (via DM) on the 24th of January, but have not recieved a reply.

I have the same problem with Acrobat and it makes prepress near impossible on daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winskilahde, agreed, pre-press work needs output preview - always. Hopefully something will come to light soon and we will have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting, I have already shared the logs with the engineering team for further review.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team for the fix. We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any ETR on a fix for this, as this is a really awkward bug affecting prepress work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am sorry for the trouble. However, we do not have any fixed timeline for this.

We will share the update once we hear anything from the engineering team.

Thanks

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news yet? This issue is still driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team for the fix. We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm managing to work around this by using an external monitor. When I need to check seperations on a document with many pages I drag the window to the other screen. It seems to be a retina display issue for me so using a "low resolution" display (1080p) stops its happening.

If you have an older Mac operating system you may be able to launch acrobat in low resolution mode which will probably do the same thing. Unfortunately the low resolution mode has been removed from Monterey, well the easy way to use it has anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm bagging acrobat and using other PDF editor, such as Art Po, Neo. The app has been nothing but a problem for years, ADOBE SHOULD BE EMBARRASSED. Not only the flickering but messed up my pitstop pro, had to re-installed. Why is it taking so long for the fix? Also the adobe cloud fonts are a joke if you have previously activated a font, you have to jump through hoops to activate again. Let’s give QUARK another try…….

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update yet @Amal. ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

The behaviour is with every PDF.

The PDF in the demo is local, but it also happens with network drives.

I tried resetting my Acrobat preferences and setting up a second (admin) account, but with no avail.

The problem occurs with both single page and two page view.

I forgot to mention in the first message, but I am running a 2019 MacBook Pro, that is pretty maxed out (so shouldn't be a hardware problem?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue for a better understanding.

Also collect the Adobe CC logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them with us via Document Cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing here since I upgraded from High Sierra to Monterey (other expensive software was preventing me from upgrading previously). I work in Pre Press so have output preview open all the time. I've just been searching through a 52pp PDF so I could identify which page has the spot colour and inbetween every single page change, the whole acrobat window excluding the menu flickers white. I push next page the screen goes white then the next page appears. When you are trying to do this quickly you end up staring a flickering screen that makes you feel ill.

I'm using a Retina Display iMac 27".

This only happens with the Output Preview Dialogue box open. Unfortunately this is why am I using Acrobat Pro as I need to be able to view seperations and overprints / transparencies etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please share the logs as requested above so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ameal are we getting any where with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been in all versions of Acrobat DC on PC and Mac since the early days of DC.

It was reported a long time ago, but Adobe did not provide any solution. The problem is in the program code, reseting preferences has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resoultion on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines