• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawing Error occurs with opened PDF files / Acrobat Pro DC

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new issue I've encountered with the last two updates. It's not related to specific PDFs, and it does not occur all the time, but it does seem to have something to do with how long Acrobat has been open. The occurrence is somewhat random, but when I've had Acrobat open for a little while, I will suddenly start getting drawing errors for files that were working perfectly only moments before. I can open these files without any errors, I can be working with them for some time, back and forth with other PDF files and even other applications. But, if I've had Acrobat open for some time (this morning it was about 1.5 hours but yesterday, I was able to work for several hours on the same files with no issues at all), I'll notice some redrawing issues and then I'll get a Drawing Error.

It's not an issue with specific PDF files. This issue does not occur when I open a PDF file. It occurs after I've had the file open for a while, have scrolled through it, interacted with it, changed pages, etc. It'll be working fine for over an hour, but then I'll go to a page that I just had open, and suddenly half the page is blank and I get a drawing error. If I work in Acrobat for a short amount of time, it doesn't seem to occur. But if I'm working with it for several hours, or just leave it open for several hours in the background, it will almost definitely occur at some point.

The only way to fix it is to completely exit out of Acrobat and restart it. When I open the same files again, they are fine. I've looked thorugh the forum, and the only issues I can find are outdated, related to the product version, or specific to certain PDF files that needed repair. This seems to be related to the amount of time Acrobat is open, and that amount of time seems to be totally random as it will happen at different lengths of time. Or when it's a bad mood, I guess. 

I am running Acrobat Pro DC 2021.011.20039.0, which is up-to-date with the current relase as of this posting. I am on Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19044 Build 19044, which is what is approved by my IT. I'm on a brand-new laptop that does not have a lot installed or running, so it's neither a space or memory issue. This was also happening on my older laptop that I just replaced, so it's not an installation issue.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As described you randomly get the error message 'Drawing error occured'

Are the files stored on a shared network/drive? If yes, please download the PDF files to your local machine and then try again and check.

As you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC, please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once and check.

Also try to reset the acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines