Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit PDF using MS PAINT

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Before W11 update I was able to edit PDF using MSPAINT tool directly from the pdf without having to convert it to jpeg.

Now I have this message(See picture attached) and in Content editing I dont have  Image editor profile.

Please helpScreen 1.pngScreen 2.pngscreen 3.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

You have to find the classic version of mspaint that was in w7 - 10. adobe doesnt like this new one.

here a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=oT_59-AfC8o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Hi All

This issue is fixed with the new release 22.2.20212, now available. Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

For more information about the new release please go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described after Win 11 update you are unable to edit the PDF using MS Paint and the image editor profile is missing under the content editing option in preferences.

Please try to repair the installation form the help menu > repair installation and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs?PLease try with a different PDF file and check.

Have you tried resetting the Acrobat preferences and using the application in new test user profile?

If it still doesn't work, Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I tried the installation repair - and resetting the preferences. Adobe will not let me add MS paint as the editor. This has the feel of an intentional software conflict. Why wont you let me use MS paint????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.What happens when you try to add MS Paint as an editor? Do you get any error message, if yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

Would you mind sharing the verison of the Acrobat Pro DC you are using? Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is available in Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Berdt: Was that an offer to pay my costs to upgrade from DC to Pro? If not, then a feature that was available for software I purchased (and use quite frequently) is no longer there. I want what I paid for.

Amal: Using Adobe DC. Using Windows 11. I have repaired the Adobe installation already. The edit feature allows me to select MS Paint. But then tells me to go "Content editing" and select the correct app I want to use. When I do so, I get an error saying I do not have permission to access the folder. This is a personal machine and I am the only user and the Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end and its working fine. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you try to edit?

Please try to edit a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Also try using the application in a new test user profile with fll admin rights to check if the issue on some specific user profile.

If it still doesn't work, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html and check

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was available before I made the switch to W11.

I can still acess it on my Surface. I can make edits using MSPAINT. With my Asus which has W11 I cannot. This is a real issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue with my Adobe DC since the Windows 11 update on my desktop computer last month. My laptop is still using Windows 10 & I can still edit PDFs using Paint. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tara

As described earlier in the post the option is avaulable in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal: 

It does not work. I have tried 10 or so PDF documents. The issue is not related to a specific PDF. The issue is related to a conflict between W11 and Adobe. I have done all the things you suggest. None worked. Can we get someone from Adobe to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned

Have you tried to reset the Acrobat Preferences to dafault and using the application in a new test user profile as described earlier?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Everything you have suggested fails. Frustrating. It has the feeling of an intentional software conflict between Adobe and Microsoft. Every company wants you to buy their own products. Insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ned,

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and the procmon logs for Windows https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share the logs with us via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same exact issue. 2 more of my coworkers who made the switch to Windows 11 are also having this god dam issue. Can you guys please fix this ASAP? This is ridiculous that we're paying for Adobe Acrobat Pro when you can't even fix this small issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denny

We are sorry to hear that, Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC the users are using? To check the version go to help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

Also please share the required logs as described above.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@amal, please see my post today (below).

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pro and can't do it.. it just refuses to open it and comes up with the same error as the OP screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bella,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please ensure that you are using the latest version of the application.

Go to Help menu > Check for updates in the application.

You may check the information on the latest version available for the application on the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

If the issue persists, share the Acrobat and OS versions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to find the classic version of mspaint that was in w7 - 10. adobe doesnt like this new one.

here a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=oT_59-AfC8o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Tashaan22577629pyor !!!

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and downloaded the old Paint using that link. How did you get it to work??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing, go back to acrobat,edit, preferences, content editor(under categories), clickimage editor. Find mspaint.exe in system32 folder in windows folder on c drive. I also did the Same for page/object editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines