Copied

Kann mir hier jemand helfen ?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

I can confirm that running the quickbooks print and pdf repair tool worked best to fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Just in case this might help someone else with this issue.  At least for me, it was in fact Quickbooks.   More importantly I discovered that is was a setting specific to a user profile.   I only discovered this because it would work for me using my login on another users computer that it was not working on.  Once they logged into QuickBooks using their login, it would break again.   OK, Long story endless:   Here is the fix that worked for us.

In QuickBooks, go to:

1. Edit

2. Preferences

3. Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

We just started getting 0xc0000139 two weeks ago on windows 11 fully updated on 23h2 and qb pro 2023 desktop version. Found out that when Quickbooks is open at the login for the company, while then trying to open a pdf press ctrl P we will get the error 0xc0000139. Once we login into Quickbooks company we can open pdfs in adobe acrobat and ctrl p works without any errors. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters'

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing that leads you to this error message?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader Dc you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending updates and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once.  Also, please try to repair the installation of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application (Win Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

You may also check out the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-search-find-functionality-crtr... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this issue on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro workstations that don't have QB open.  Installed on the WS but not open and running.  Reboot doesn't change anything.  This is an ongoing issue.  We are looking to replace Docusign with Adobe on 100 PC's but this error is a roadblock for that.  It needs to be fixed by Adobe before we sign up for thousands of $$$ of services.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue.

First you have to uninstall Adobe.

Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ .

You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

Hope this can help anyone else in the same mess I'm in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I narrowed down when I started getting this error.

I had Windows 10, Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2023, Office 260 and my adobe subscription all loaded on my computer 2 days ago.

Quickbooks and adobe were playing well together (what a treat and relief that was).

Today I tried to email an invoice to a customer from inside Quickbooks and QB required I set up "enhanced security in Gmail for QuickBooks desktop".  According to QB "help" they stopped supporting emails without this enhanced security on May 30, 2022 - right around when I started getting this "Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters" error on my old computer.

Sure enough, when I did all the Quickbooks requirements for enhanced security, suddenly I started getting that error in adobe documents on this new computer.  Arggh...

I don't know how to fix it, but I am pretty sure I now know how to (re)create it.

Now I don't even know who to ask about it: QuickBooks/Intuit? Adobe? Google/gmail?

I hope this contributes to diagnosing and finding an actual permanent fix for this debilitating issue.

Edit Preferences Send Forms

Send e-mail using:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WendiT95

This is a really helpful post.  What an interesting journey this issue has taken many of us.  I've been watching this issue for over 1 year for a customer.  Like you, I suspect it's a complicated answer as it involves either or both Microsoft/Adobe at least.  There are many who have reported this same error who are NOT using Quickbooks which is very interesting.

If you are interested in joining the party, you will find way below in this thread comments on how to post some log files to the Adobe Developers.  If you can recreate this issue, you might be able to reveal something that is yet to be discovered.

Take care

Steve Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just started getting 0xc0000139 two weeks ago on windows 11 fully updated on 23h2 and qb pro 2023 desktop version. Found out that when Quickbooks is open at the login for the company, while then trying to open a pdf press ctrl P we will get the error 0xc0000139. Once we login into Quickbooks company we can open pdfs in adobe acrobat and ctrl p works without any errors. I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++In addition to Amal's guidance,

Even though these type of processing error messages can manifest in both Micrososft Windows and macOS families of operating systems, I am almost sure this one is rooting out of a Windows box.

The uninstalling and reinstallation of Acrobat Pro DC may fix the problem, but if that doesn't work, you may need to do a backup of all your important data and completely uninstall and reinstall the operating system and pay close attention to how your hardware drivers are installed.

You may need to provide more information, like for example, did you performed a recent update of the operating system, are there any new hardware that you have installed in that computer (network cards, video graphics adapter, external usb drives, external monitor, etc.)?

A  reinstalltion of a peripheral driver could also resolve the issue, if that is the root of the problem.

Are you saving your PDFs to an external USB device? A mapped network drive perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced the PC with a new one so the Operating system is fresh.  All of the Drivers are current.  I have updated to Adobe Acrobat DC 21.007.20095.

And yet, if QuickBooks is open I am unable to type text into a PDF.  If I close QuickBooks,  I am able to type again in the PDF.  I can re-open QuickBooks and everything works for a few hours and then the error returns.  

I am saving the PDF files to Dropbox.

---------------------------
Windows - Entry Point Not Found
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 - Unexpected parameters
OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I followed the instructions you provided, but the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clients had the same issue and this method worked. Thanks for the easy fix.

1. Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  ,

2. Reboot the computer once and reinstall the application.

3. I just logged the client back in and reinstalled adobe acrobat.

This worked...Note I had to uncheck the box for the adobe something verifyer. I think it may of been an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating the thread with your feedback.

++Adding to your observation about the verifyer, yes, it coud be a routine to see if the latest version  is already installed to avoid compatibility issues with old libraries, or maybe, old traces of the software that weren't properly removed during a prior uninstall (but this is just a guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this really taken care of the issue? Or are people just trying anything and hoping it works. I completely agree with the frustration that everyone is expressing. Why should we have to go through hoops and over bars for something that we didn't do. Maybe Adobe did it, maybe QuickBooks did it (but that seems incredible) but the problem resides with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe should fix it. When is a proven, reliable update of Acrobat coming out? We are paying substantial subscription fees for software that we expect to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep ,you can really blame both Adobe and Intuit for their monopoly and ensuing incompatibility on the other monopoly, MICROSOFT!! If it weren't for them then we'd have a true open source program that is readily customizable and can adapt to everything and anything OS and office s/w related. Vote for me for 2024 President and I will change all of that, lol! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chad,  We tried your method above and have been error free for week which is a record!  I re-installed Adobe Acrobat through the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang!  It wasn't even an hour after I posted that we had been error free for a week and it happened again!  Still need a permenant fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue! Adobe please get this resolved, I cant go the entire tax season with this issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue - works if I close out Quickbooks.

Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

I have a customer with this “Exception processing message 0xc0000139” issue using:

Quickbooks Desktop 2022

Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit 2021.011.2.0039 64-bit

If I recall, the error is thrown when opening a password protected PDF’s

Shutting down Quickbooks Desktop 2022 will eliminate Exception 0xc0000139 but it is by no means a reasonable solution for a busy accountant.

For now, I’ve instructed them to use an alternative PDF reading workflow with Firefox while the issue is sorted out.  It's not perfect, but it is far more efficient than shutting down Quickbooks.

Since this issue is potentially a mix between Microsoft, Adobe and Quickbooks, a developer blame game may wind up delaying a solution.  I'm not holding my breath for a fix.  Hope I'm wrong and one is around the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message after creating a new PDF document using the via scanner feature.

1.jpg2022-02-17 08_56_52-Ombudsmannverfahren.pdf (GESCHÜTZT) - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit).png2022-02-17 08_57_28-_C__Users_psack_OneDrive_Desktop_1.jpg - IrfanView.png

I have no Quickbook installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you Trolling us ?  Uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat reader does work but the issue returns.  You want us to Reinstall the operating system for everyone that gets that error?   ADOBE NEEDS TO FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you mean by trolling?

How does trolling is even related to this topic?

People go to places like Best Buy and hire Computer Geeks On-Site: $200 for the first hour and $25 for every additional 15 minutes. Remote: $100/Hour

And they are OK paying those rates just to have a complete stranger to wipe off the entire hard drive and install a fresh copy of the operating system on it.

Not to mention that the owner of the computer device is solely responsible for backing up their own data and will not hold liable the computer service entity for loosing their data.

In addition, although there are many more elegant ways to troubleshoot software, the point is that I've seen users come to the forums many times to complain about stuff that goes wrong with Acrobat without providing straight answers on what they've done with their computers to begin with  (nor providing error logs, for example).

So, generalising like Adobe need to fix this or Adobe need to fix that, doesn't even meet the first standard in how to analyze a computer issue.

But in any case, even though I share your frustration, the suggestions that I bulleted below are the most basic of all PC repair and troubleshooting activities that they will teach you on any  CompTIA certification path, for example (or a through any computer degree issued at a  business institute, a university or in college).

And I am sharing  a suggestion COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE as a voluntary contribution to all the complaining users (like yourself) to go ahead and:

• back up important data

• UNINSTALL THE OPERATING SYSTEM COMPLETELY (I did not say reinstall it)

•  properly setup and configure a fresh installation of the faulty operating system 

• test for the integrity of the fresh operating system installation against the faulty integration of the Adobe Acrobat software (or any other apps or programs that interact with it)

• AND REPORT BACK WITH NO NONSENSE FEEDBACK TO SEE IF THAT RESOLVES THE ISSUE OR NOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

Let's not get off track bashing each other on this thread.
We are here as a community to find a solution to this problem.

The reason for my presence here is to assist a very busy accountant with this issue
Reinstalling Windows is not a viable solution.
Finding the true cause of the problem is what were are here to do.

Adobe, we know you are watching this thread. Many of us have access to systems with the issue.
Can you please provide us with guidance on a log creation process that can move us all forward.

Steve Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ EDITED REPLY, fixed many typos and rephrased discussion points to clarify intent

Steve, you're absolutely right. I apologize if my reply came accross as rude. 

If it helps, you may follow the tips discussed in the thread below to collect and report crash/error logs:

*** NOTE: 

It is worth noting that not everyone who have shared feedback about the same error here (and in other discussions outside of this original post) are exclusively QuickBooks users only.

In fact, the same error manifests since Windows 7 and is present all the way to Microsoft Windows 11.

Prime examples of users reporting this specific issue  are also observed accross support forums outside of Adobe's.

Computer gamers using Fortnite have reported the exact same error.

Power users that use Microsoft Office (not specific to

one particular version) have reported the exact issue regardless if their MS Office version is used with the Adobe PDFMaker COM Add-in or not.

People who use Adobe Acrobat on a MS Windows system, in which the Microsoft Edge  web browser is the default PDF handler, in particular with Internet Explorer 11 mode enabled/disabled, have also reported the same error.

That includes OneDrive users who are consistently syncing files to that cloud space or to other cloud services.

Lets not even explore those cases in which a system process (or any other services) are tied up in some way or another with the Protected Mode (Security Enhanced) sandboxing features' rabbit hole.

But anyway, The same error is reported here in this forum for a group of QuickBooks users.

The Quickbooks case, in particular, involve users that could be using different versions of QuickBooks Desktop who may be  exchanging and sharing TimeSheets with customers who produced their TimeSheets using an older version of Quickbooks Desktop  or vice versa --according to QuickBooks support forums--  (just food for thought).

Moreover, users who have installed software that is not properly licensed, or skipped important updates chronologically, or missed important antivirus definitions updates,  also have reported that error.

In a very general context, however, the great majority of these errors are noted when users have upgraded a program, like  Quickbooks in this case, to a more recent version.

But then the user or its organization fail to update the appropriate C++ or VisualStudio redistributables versions on a Microsoft Windows version that was intended for a specific Quickbooks version edition .

Conversely,  unattended system updates can also upgrade its current version to an more recent, yet unstable, VisualStudio version that was not meant for a specific QuikBooks version edition (just more food for thoughts).

To get a better grasp of this issue let's see what  BS@IG shared in the error message below:

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 - Unexpected parameters

Note that, below I am doing special emphasis on:

The entry point is related to Microsoft Windows, not to Adobe Acrobat. It could be any program.

Otherwise, it would've specified:

Acrobat.exe  - Entry Point Not Found

This is just to illustrate with a clear example of how the system speaks back to us and give us a hint of what to look for when something went wrong.

Acrobat's windows processes here:

When an Entry Point error is triggered, the system will provide the user with the name of the application or the name of the program that fail to load up (also known as the Windows process name).

So it is easy to deduct logically which Windows process requested from the operating system to get full control of a library, or a function.

It is important to take note that Windows processes names always appear before the dash " - " character in those error messages.

And that the Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 portion is related to a dynamic link library that could be corrupt, missing, damaged or outdated.

The information that  BS@IG   provided is also incomplete. 

It is missing the name of the faulty dynamic link library (.dll) file (also referred to as the module).

Without providing the appropriate .dll file name it is very difficult to analyze where to look for.

Not providing the name of the .dll file also makes it very difficult to discover which other programs could be asking operating system for the same dynamic link library.

Without the name of the dynamic link library that failed to load a program is not possible for a computer technician to update (or register) a module into its appropriate 32bit or 64bit folder(s).

And without being able to manually register a module, any Windows processes that depend on that module will not commit an entry point and will continue to fail to load up.

As we get deeper, continue to keep in mind that it is the operating system who holds all .dll's in place and keeps them organized.

Thus, the operating system is responsible for expediting a module to any Windows process that requests for it,  not the other way around.

So, I am going to address politely, that the issue is not exclussive of Adobe's.

As I was suggesting in my earlier replies, I also should've remarked that, sometimes, it is a lot more easier to single out a misbehaving computer from a live production environment and install everything afresh (specifically the operating system).

That is just for troubleshooting purposes.

This basic approach allows a technician to quickly compare a healthy and fully reset  computer system (that is using factory  defaults) against any  of the misbehaving computers in such production environment.

Rather than analyzing a plethora of updates, patches and software that has been added over time on any given machine, It just makes it very easy for a technician to see what changed exactly.

This also allows the technician to compare how the Windows initialization files have changed over time, or to analyze what type of content is cached between a newly restored computer against an unhealthy computer system.

But the most underestimated added value in this method is the ability to copy healthy .dll's from the restored computer to a computer that could be missing it or is hard to replace with other conventional techniques.

But I also understand that if it is not feasible, then any user can quickly check for corrupt or missing .dll files using the system file check (sfc scannow) method:

And if that would be too complicated, a macOS user, for example, would be able to  use TimeMachine to restore a good-known instance of their work environment prior to the date that the issue was observed; and if on Microsoft Windows, use System Restore points.

To recap, It is the operating system that handles the system and applications calls for all the hosted programs, not the other way around.

It is in the operating system core programming functions that handing off full control to an requesting program occurs.

When a program is fully loaded and fully opened in a window successfully, that is the entry point.

So, we have to pay close attention to everything that we click on before, during, an after the error occurs (and take detailed notes).

You may also use System Viewer and browse through the Application and System logs.

All successful entry points and unsuccessful entry points with errors are logged by time and date... you just have to browse patiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines