Copied

Kann mir hier jemand helfen ?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 'Exception processing message 0xc0000139 unexpected parameters'

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing that leads you to this error message?

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader Dc you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you on Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Please check for any missing/pending updates and try updating the OS and reboot the computer once.  Also, please try to repair the installation of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application (Win Only) Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

You may also check out the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-search-find-functionality-crtr... and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this issue on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 Pro workstations that don't have QB open.  Installed on the WS but not open and running.  Reboot doesn't change anything.  This is an ongoing issue.  We are looking to replace Docusign with Adobe on 100 PC's but this error is a roadblock for that.  It needs to be fixed by Adobe before we sign up for thousands of $$$ of services.  Very frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue.

First you have to uninstall Adobe.

Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ .

You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

Hope this can help anyone else in the same mess I'm in. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++In addition to Amal's guidance,

Even though these type of processing error messages can manifest in both Micrososft Windows and macOS families of operating systems, I am almost sure this one is rooting out of a Windows box.

The uninstalling and reinstallation of Acrobat Pro DC may fix the problem, but if that doesn't work, you may need to do a backup of all your important data and completely uninstall and reinstall the operating system and pay close attention to how your hardware drivers are installed.

You may need to provide more information, like for example, did you performed a recent update of the operating system, are there any new hardware that you have installed in that computer (network cards, video graphics adapter, external usb drives, external monitor, etc.)?

A  reinstalltion of a peripheral driver could also resolve the issue, if that is the root of the problem.

Are you saving your PDFs to an external USB device? A mapped network drive perhaps?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replaced the PC with a new one so the Operating system is fresh.  All of the Drivers are current.  I have updated to Adobe Acrobat DC 21.007.20095.

And yet, if QuickBooks is open I am unable to type text into a PDF.  If I close QuickBooks,  I am able to type again in the PDF.  I can re-open QuickBooks and everything works for a few hours and then the error returns.  

I am saving the PDF files to Dropbox.

---------------------------
Windows - Entry Point Not Found
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000139 - Unexpected parameters
OK

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Acrobat DC and try again.

Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer once and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

I followed the instructions you provided, but the issue persists.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clients had the same issue and this method worked. Thanks for the easy fix.

1. Please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  ,

2. Reboot the computer once and reinstall the application.

3. I just logged the client back in and reinstalled adobe acrobat.

This worked...Note I had to uncheck the box for the adobe something verifyer. I think it may of been an update.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for updating the thread with your feedback.

++Adding to your observation about the verifyer, yes, it coud be a routine to see if the latest version  is already installed to avoid compatibility issues with old libraries, or maybe, old traces of the software that weren't properly removed during a prior uninstall (but this is just a guess).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this really taken care of the issue? Or are people just trying anything and hoping it works. I completely agree with the frustration that everyone is expressing. Why should we have to go through hoops and over bars for something that we didn't do. Maybe Adobe did it, maybe QuickBooks did it (but that seems incredible) but the problem resides with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe should fix it. When is a proven, reliable update of Acrobat coming out? We are paying substantial subscription fees for software that we expect to work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chad,  We tried your method above and have been error free for week which is a record!  I re-installed Adobe Acrobat through the Creative Cloud app.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang!  It wasn't even an hour after I posted that we had been error free for a week and it happened again!  Still need a permenant fix.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue! Adobe please get this resolved, I cant go the entire tax season with this issue! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same issue - works if I close out Quickbooks.

Super frustrating.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

I have a customer with this “Exception processing message 0xc0000139” issue using:

Quickbooks Desktop 2022

Adobe Acrobat DC 64-bit 2021.011.2.0039 64-bit

If I recall, the error is thrown when opening a password protected PDF’s

Shutting down Quickbooks Desktop 2022 will eliminate Exception 0xc0000139 but it is by no means a reasonable solution for a busy accountant.

For now, I’ve instructed them to use an alternative PDF reading workflow with Firefox while the issue is sorted out.  It's not perfect, but it is far more efficient than shutting down Quickbooks.

Since this issue is potentially a mix between Microsoft, Adobe and Quickbooks, a developer blame game may wind up delaying a solution.  I'm not holding my breath for a fix.  Hope I'm wrong and one is around the corner.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error message after creating a new PDF document using the via scanner feature.

1.jpg2022-02-17 08_56_52-Ombudsmannverfahren.pdf (GESCHÜTZT) - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit).png2022-02-17 08_57_28-_C__Users_psack_OneDrive_Desktop_1.jpg - IrfanView.png

I have no Quickbook installed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several other posts about this problem. The one that worked for me and my Windows 10 is closing Quickbooks. Much easier than reinstalling. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i figured i would post my fix for this, because i had tried everything in this thread and nothing worked.  This will only work for people that are getting this error message while using Quickbooks desktop.  I believe QB is the problem.  Anyways,

follow this link and get QB tool hub and use the Print and PDF Repair tool.  IT WORKS!!!! 

Quickbooks Print and PDF Repair Tool 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this message for over a year.  I pay for the subscription every month and have done some of the troubleshooting mentioned here but it is still unresolved.  Support is not helping me as they don't answer the question and tell me it is my computer problem.  Why is Adobe the only program I have a problem with on this computer?  I am so tired of the blame game.  It happens whether I have QB running or not.  It happens in every single PDF I open, and then I can't get it closed, so it is not QB.  I just opened an email pdf attachment from one of my vendors that definitely does not use QB just to print it out.  Got the error message and couldn't get out.  I continued to press the X key countless times and kept getting the stupid message.  It finally closed.  Now it is past 4:30 and the vendor I needed to get back to is gone for the day.  Adobe, get this fixed.  I am so frustrated.  I wouldn't recommend Adobe to anybody until this is fixed as it seems I am not the only one and it has gone on for others as long as it has for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that. Have you tried the steps share in the correct answer shared earlier?

Also, try updating the computer OS to the recent version and check for any missing/pending updates, you may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix for anyone else having this issue. First you have to uninstall Adobe, I used Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html . Then I found this version to install: 

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ . You have to disable automatic updates if not, the program will automatically update itself before you even get started. I used these two methods to disable automatic updates for adobe: 

How to Disable Automatic Update in Adobe Reader DC - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos

Automatic Updates - Adobe Acrobat and Reader

I don't know why this is the only version of Adobe that will work with Quickbooks. 

Hope this can help anyone else in the same mess I'm in. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting!

Thank you for sharing this solution.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was so helpful.  I kept getting this message when I wasn't even in QB Desktop, but had it open on my desktop in the background.  Once I closed QB desktop, I could password protect another document.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issues as everyone else. Did the classic uninstall / install of Acrobat Reader -- still had the error messages. Ran the QB repair tool and Poof! Works perfect now.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines