• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill & Sign Not working

New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verified that PDF form is fillable. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC (Windows 10).  Fill & Sign toolbar is missing the text typing and editing tools See screencap below. What is wrong and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

If a form with existing fields (Acroform), even one field, is opened in Fill & Sign tool the toolbar along the top will only show the Signature and Initials, no text tool or annotation tools.  Also the right hand panel will show a message saying that the form has fields and it will not have the personal information to drag and drop from the right hand panel as it does when a "flat" PDF is opened in the Fill & Sign tool.

The PDF you opened is likely an Acroform with at least one field.

If you open

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document contains form fields. Mouse click in the fields and type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens when fields are selected in this document.  I have worked with fillable forms in Adobe for years and have never encountered this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a form with existing fields (Acroform), even one field, is opened in Fill & Sign tool the toolbar along the top will only show the Signature and Initials, no text tool or annotation tools.  Also the right hand panel will show a message saying that the form has fields and it will not have the personal information to drag and drop from the right hand panel as it does when a "flat" PDF is opened in the Fill & Sign tool.

The PDF you opened is likely an Acroform with at least one field.

If you open the same PDF in Fill & Sign in the Document Cloud it should allow you to add text to the form (it works differently from Acrobat and Reader currently).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having problems with my fill and sign. when I click on fill and sign it doesn't show the full tool bar it just shows the signature tool but when I click on that it doesn't show anything to choose that's blank and so is the screen the whole pdf document that I need to fill in disappears. I have a windows 10 dell laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the laptop multiple times, and even tried the troubleshooting. this also happens with every doc that's a pdf. never experienced this until this week. can you please help I need this fixed for work. please please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - the fill and sign tools are at the top of the page but there is no document. I am running Windows 8.1 and using Chrome. A window's update was loaded last night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I was trying to use a .docx form and the share button did not include Adobe fill & sign. I converted it to PDF in Preview and emailed it to myself, then the share button then worked as expected. Make sure it is actually a PDF. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround that doesn't rely on Document Cloud is to flatten the file by Print To PDF within Acrobat DC.  If you then open this flattened PDF, then you'll be able to use the text or annotation tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried preinting to PDF and it worked but then the fillable fields were removed AGAIN. Any advice? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still really annoying. I wish it worked in any PDF form no matter what. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue. Win 10 & Macbook Air  - latest versions of Acrobat. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

halloweenjack  wrote

I am experiencing the same issue. Win 10 & Macbook Air  - latest versions of Acrobat. Please fix.

Hi halloweenjack

This is a user forum and most of us are volunteer users. Sorry we can't "fix" even when you say "please" so nicely,

If your issue is the same, then do as Bernd said. Fill in the form fields.

If it is different, please clarify and post a screen shot.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine is not working even when I open from the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this thread was started about something different (filling forms that have existing form fields and do not show the Text, X, Circle etc tools) and has been answered - you would have much better luck with help on your issue if you find a more relevant post than this one or start a new post about the issue of Fill & Sign sometimes not loading, not displaying the PDF.

This is a relevant thread with recent comments and Adobe employees monitoring/helping:

Fill & Sign does not load the file and displays blank screen

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - new to this forum thing. How do I add my 2¢ worth to this thread? My Fill & Sign was working fine until today... just prior to clicking on the right panel to choose that function after opening the file (created from Word - saved as PDF); Adobe flashed a couple bubbles about new features... I followed them x 2. Then tried to add my signature to the document. I got a spinning blue wheel ... never stopped. would not bring my signature to bear. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oooops! Belay that last comment. I closed out the doc, reopened doc with a double-click instead of right-click/open with Adobe Acrobat DC ... it worked. Sorry to have bothered you without doing the simple troubleshoot. Have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exacxtly the same problem after the Adobe Acrobat Standard DC was update here in October .

When I hit the Sign-icon (which usually works) I only get a spinning wheel instead of my signature file. I have tried for two days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EMAY,

Can you please provide the following details :

1. Are you able to use the Share application?

2. Are you under any network restrictions? Any firewall settings? Could you try to turn them off and then try again.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep

1. No, it is blanked out. Well, now I got it working, but when I try to send it I get a message: "No Internet Connection" - which I do have.

2. Could be. I'm at work and we have an IT department administering this.

With regards

Ernest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Access Plug-in says:

File Name: IA32.api

Loaded: Yes

Certified: Yes

Version: 19.820071.303822

Date: 2018-09-20 08:32

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue.  When I click on "Sign" I just get a spinning circle and nothing happens.  I can share the document and we don't have firewalls or restrictions.  I was able to sign a form when only the Sign icon is on the toolbar, but I can't do it when the text editing icons are also on the toolbar next to the Sign icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bobs66029812,

Can you please sin out of the application and then sign in again. Once this is done try to use the Fill and Sign application. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Sandeep Grover

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandeep

I tried to sign out and then in. The result is the same blue circle circulating when trying to Sign.

Wtih regards

Ernest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines