• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop the date field in Adobe Acrobat DC from updating to current date ?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short I have a tax form that was to be dated for the 1st of November as that is when I started working for the company,due to miscommunication it was not put down correctly.

But whenever I try and do it now, it is defaulting to 2021-12-03.

How do I stop it from auto changing the date or save a unmodifiable copy?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

The files contain a script to populate those fields with the current date. Since there's no way to flatten or submit the form digitally (at least not from within it) I'm guessing they want you to either print it out or submit it on the same day as you fill it in. The only way to stop the field from updating is to disable JS in the application, but I don't recommend you do that as it could interfere with other functions of the form and cause you to submit an invalid file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's likely a script embedded in the file that's causing it. Can you share the file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are standard canada tax forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you open the form disable Javascript in the preferences of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files contain a script to populate those fields with the current date. Since there's no way to flatten or submit the form digitally (at least not from within it) I'm guessing they want you to either print it out or submit it on the same day as you fill it in. The only way to stop the field from updating is to disable JS in the application, but I don't recommend you do that as it could interfere with other functions of the form and cause you to submit an invalid file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunate, but that sounds likely.

I had to call the Canada Revenue Agency to find a work around.

Its frustrating when scripts like this are put into forms like these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you see this reply! I am having the same problem but with Pennsylvania (US) Inheritance Tax forms. I type in the person's dates of birth and death, and the fields automatically change to the present date. When I start to backspace to delete the present date, the correct date shows up, but there's no way to make it stay. What did the Canada Revenue Agency tell you to do to prevent the current date from showing up? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump for any future users searching. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In France we said "Programmé avec des moufles"  (Programmed with mittens )

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open this PDF and Save As with Apple Preview, it will lose all its formats and all interactivity, but the fields will remain fillable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can just use a text field as date field.  That way it will not auto populate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a small problem as a beginner that I need to prevent selecting past and future dates in the date picker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do that. Only after a selection wad made can you reject it with a script. But what's the point of letting the user enter a value if they can only select one thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines