• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a signature (from a scanned PDF) without having to use certificate or lock document?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to sign PDF documents by simply placing my signature. Now when I place signature it immediately prompts me to save the file and the file can no longer be edited. I just want to place a signature or initials without using the certificate or locking the document. Help?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like with every update things continue to change from the way they used to work.

The built-in features that lock the document are basically necessary mechanisms of security.

But if that is not the workflow that you're pursuing, Maybe use a customized stamp to look and appear as signature.

Be aware that, you can also use a self-signed certificate, that allows you to also customize the appearance of that digital signature.

In addition, when you edit the signature field, you can set its properties to do nothing after the signature is applied.

In other words, you can sign the document and continue to work on that form as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines