• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 206 Replies 206
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also prefer that the toolbar was listed at the top and not on the lefthand side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This a pain as it covers up part of hte artwork I am trying to approve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even believe how aggravating this new interface is. What purpose is served by swapping the tools and panels from on side of the window to the other? How is this an improvement? What was gained? It just messes with my workflow because I don't know where anything is. I'd be ok with that if there was any added value. It's like they did this just to say they had an update. 
And WHY move the quick access toolbar from the top of the window where it was efficiently placed and quickly accessible, to float ON TOP of the work space? I can't move it, and can't see the top left corner of my document. What are earth is Adobe thinking? 
Last thing, the move object tool is gone. I used it every day as part of my accessibility workflow. 
Can someone tell me what has actually been improved in this new interface, and how it is "intuitive"??
Yes, I will disable the new Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree! The footing toolbar is so irritating!! So I wasn't happy with it and was going to cancel my subscription only to find out that I can't without being charged an early cancellation fee of $70!! It's outrageous. So now I'm stuck with a product I absolutely hate and it impedes my work. If you don't already have Adobe don't do it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!  This toolbar covering my document is stupid!
I cannot see the first words (usually my specs needed) in at least 6 sentences!!
This is NOT an upgrade!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brenda32021734cewy,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-sizing the floating/quick toolbar, and are being addressed with the highest priority.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS.

We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG this is worse than New Coke - go under Menu>Disable New Acrobat - it was just below View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can revert to the classic GUI interface by following the instructions here (for both Mac and Windows):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-2023-how-to-revert-to-classic-gui-user-in...

And let Adobe know your opinion at UserVoice: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not get this to work. The new update keeps crashing when I try to close the app or restart the app. SUPER ANNOYING.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please allow for toolbar to move back to where it was once the only option is the new interface. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-sizing the floating/quick toolbar, and are being addressed with the highest priority.

If your critical workflows are impacted, you can switch to the old UI from the “Menu” on the top left corner of Windows and View Menu on MacOS.

We will follow up with a detailed community-featured post, guiding you to familiarise yourself with the new interface and regular updates on upcoming changes.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe's answer is "revert to previous version" LOL. "We are always looking to improve our products" - false. Nowhere on the uservoice feature request site was the feature request "Please move this toolbar that works perfectly fine out on top of my visible area that I cannot hide, move, or dock." Maybe if you're looking for ways to improve, go to the feature request site and do those instead of pulling stuff out of nowhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I should be surprised after this amount of time and feedback that this problem still exists!

Make the toolbar moveable or at least move it to the top so you can scroll up and down to see everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HATE HATE HATE the new toobar location.  PLEASE HAVE YOUR TEAM IMMEDIATELY CREATE AN OPTION TO MOVE THE TOOLBAR BACK TO TOP OF SCREEN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please place the toolbar at the top of the document/page like before. This new toolbar to the left is horrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why cant there be an option to move the floater (turd) tool bar back out of the way so its not blocking the document?  I can't believe this was considered an "upgrade" to the system that was already terrible to use, it just reeks of group think.  S S. you should be ashamed of yourself for saying this is an improvement, I'm sure you guys all high-fived when this was thought of.  Get your thumbs out of your collective asses and fix the damn application already you worthless dev pukes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It just seems with all the new competition for the market, Adobe would really think twice about changing everything for no reason.  Currently we have a choice of Bluebeam or Adobe to use at my work.  Blubeam looking better everyday now.  If Adobe loses enough customers then maybe they will realize "revert to previous version" is not a solution but a problem they created for their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not like the new layout. There should be an option to return to the old view. How do you put the tool bar at the top?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also concur:  The floating toolbar is in the way of the document.  I had to disable "New Acrobat" to be able to actually work on the section of the PDF that the toolbar covered.  I hope the feedback on this question can actually affect change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the sight to find out how to disable and it didn't work. I can't figure out how to revert to the old one. I'm completely stuck with this junk. Honestly it is one of those things that is so irritating that it just makes you grouchy and irritable. I don't even want to turn on my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was a bizzare Acrobat "upgrade". it seemed like various changes were made for no particular rhyme or reason and without regard to the big picture or the UX. its disjointed and confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really really sucks that we cannot move the Quick Access Tool Bar in the latest version of Adobe. The types of documents I work with the toolbar is always in my way and makes it difficult to manuver around the document just to move it out of the way to view the material in my document. I end up reviewing the charts in my documents broken up which takes longer to grasp the information I need to review. Please add the ability to move the Quick Tools toolbar from its current location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable - at first I thought it was a glitch on my end or something I couldn't figure out.  Why would Adobe put a toolbar floating in the document being worked on with no way to move it.  Its really an impendiment and annoying.  I finally googled and found this discussion.  Glad to know I'm not crazy.  C'mon Adobe - we know you're listening.... Fix this please.... Adobe????   not listing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quick Action Tool Bar is the worst. Please fix this incredibly annoying feature. Covering up any portion of the PDF without an easy way to move the toolbar defeats the purpose of why I use Adobe Pro in the first place - to read and edit PDFs. I have wasted so much time on this because it blocks portions of the PDF I am working on. It seems like I am not alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please try updating the application to the latest version that addresses this issue. It's now possible to drag the quick tools bar and place it as desired. To update the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information, refer to the following post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-september-2023-updates-n....

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines