• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just disable the New Experience

mariahweyne_0-1689355842223.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a user who uses Acrobat Pro in a professional publishing atmosphere....100% agree with all of these comments. The float tool bar is a major pain for work flow. It DOES not create a better work flow. I am just experiencing it now and for the last few weeks and I cant stand it. I am at the point of cant standing Adobe for that matter. The seem to not give a crap about the customer. Having the option of putting your customized tools on the top tool bar for what you need for your own workflow was GREAT! Why would you think a floating tool bar on top of your art work and in the way a better option... PLEASE at least bring back the option to close that floater and put the tools you use most back on the top bar. Good lord... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This is the best information I've had a in a long time.  You have saved me from wating to throw my laptop out of a window!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you!!   That was totally painful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!  The new interface was making me crazy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. The new look is awful and should not have been messed around with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CRYING OUT LOUD, THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, normal view get back !!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! This worked! I have been trying everything!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now my toolbar is at the top where I want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outstanding!!! Thank you. 

Note that the "Disable New Acrobat" command may be in different places.  But it works perfectly to eliminate this issue. 

Also - the September 2023 update was supposed to add a 'handle' to the quick actions toolbar to allow you to reposition it... but after installation (and recycle) of that update, the toolbar handle as documented in the What's New notice does not appear and it cannot be moved.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I love the old UI.

All tool icons are on the top, not like the new one where they are spread out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you.

This is an amazing answer. I've gone to all the hassle to log in with my work account just to say thanks for this.

The new interface has been driving me insane and all the time there was a button that allows me to go back to something that works for me (and everyone else, apparently).
Clearly the developers had questions about the new "experience" if they left a single button in there to revert back.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to create an account to say thank you. Had a document where the tool bar was blocking my view and i was about to go crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! I hated the new interface and have been working with Adobe for decades now. It's like Outlook pushing the "new look" every time it updates! Just let those of us who work with it all the time, have our preferences not messed with. Sheesh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude you're a lifesaver. I was scrolling and expected to see more complaining but this solution should be pinned here and everywhere. I'm sure there are thousands of more people that want to know this too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - I was loosing my mind with this annoying pop up.  much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I. needed this. New UI is not more productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not there.  I literally do not have this option to disable and it's very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this was like the new Coke moment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't see this "view" feature in Windows? you've got Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines