I cannot edit my PFD document

New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i go to edit my PDF document, it says

"more tool components are being insatlled, we will let you know when you can use it"

Is anyone else experienecing this? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

As you have mentioned above, you get the message when you try to edit the PDF. Did you check if the issue occurs with other PDFs or with a particular PDF?

Did the error appear when you click on the Edit PDF tool?

Is that PDF saved locally on the machine or some other location?

Please provide more information to further investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the file can be edited using my laptop but not my desktop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - It is stored locally on my laptop, I cannot convert any documents from pdf to excel or word even though I am signed in, pay for it monthly.  It is not on the cloud. I have closed and reopened it, waited extended periods and get the same message.  I pay over $400 a year for this application and can't do anything but read pdfs!  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, I get this message: "more tool components are being insatlled, we will let you know when you can use it"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program (Acrobat Pro DC?), and operating system are you using?  That dialog does not sound/seem familiar as an Acrobat message.

My best,

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out the problem; I did not have the paid version on this laptop
installed and had to access the account online to allow for 2 devices, both
under my spouses name, not mine. My account was not the paid version, and
just adding my email and registration information did not fix

Thanks for your help

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and have not been able to fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this since Saturday - nothing helps. I have the paid version and it was installed - don't I have to just login with my username and password?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Would you mind checking your Acrobat login credential? Open Acrobat>click on the profile icon Sign out and Sign In with the correct email address.

1. If you have the Creative Cloud desktop application installed then you must Sign out of that once and Sign back in with the correct email (have subscription registered under)
  2. Also, ensure that you do not have the Creative Cloud application/Acrobat installed and active on many devices. That could also lead to conflict.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have a corporate account and tried this and didn't work.  I signed out, signed in, restarted and nothing, I kept receiving the same message.  The document I was trying to edit was a word document I created and saved as PDF. Since nothing worked, I decided to experiment and instead of saving it directly as PDF I tried with Microsoft print to PDF and then I could edit.

Hope this is solved as soon as possible.

Best,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines