• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have a huge cursor when i open pdf how do i shrink this to normal sized cursor?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a huge "paragraph" sized cursor when i open a new pdf...how do i reduce this to a standard cursor size?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Acrobat 9 is an old version, not compatible with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving printing from the internet using Adobe Acrobat causes the large unruly cursor situation making the Acrobat form page impossible to edit or select text or images.

First stop telling users of older versions of Acrobat that is the problem because that has noting to do with this cursor situation. All versions of Acrobat including current DC Pro are experiencing this ridiculous cursor situation.

Second stop telling users to print or save using Microsoft Windows Edge pdf service to print/save to stop the massive cursor situation is also ridiculous as you should be able to print using the Adobe Acrobat app fully including the save/print service without this crazy unfixed cursor situation. Using the Microsoft Windows Edge pdf save/print does not give the option of choice of what size form page you want to save or print too. Choosing “custom” form page for example 8.5x22 allowing far great information space on one form page when saving files is not an option using Microsoft Windows Edge pdf service. Acrobat gives you many form page options to save or print including custom. You have greater printing and saving control using the actual Adobe Acrobat app with saving and printing but the large cursor situation makes this an unruly form for editing tasks and forces you to save/print using Microsoft Windows Edge pdf service. This means both Microsoft and Adobe are pointing fingers and noting is being corrected. We customers get to eat crow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @kurt1524 for articulating and summarizing this obstacle that is probably a simple fix I have Adobe Acrobat DC version 22 and still have this problem. I was able to work around this by open PDF in Edge, save to Microsoft pdf, then print to Acrobat pdf. Exporting to MS Word required the same steps.  Adobe Acrobat DC works for me in most scenarios but I question why I spent so much on this software when I have to rely on "print-to-Microsoft-pdf" to fix Acrobat bugs.  I am sure there is a simple fix for this and I am bewildered that no one has figure this out.  I will call Adobe support and if they show me how to fix this, I will post the answer here. @cabinet_guy already posted a screenshot of this issue dated back in 2018 running AADC v19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 21

Big cursor workaround (not fix):

1.) In Edge, open the PDF document

- Print to "Microsoft Print To PDF"

2) Open that file with Abode Acrobat DC

- Choose the "edit PDF" tool

- Let Adobe do its text recognition

Now you should have truly editable text with a prober sized cursor.

Export to Word in a usable format:

Add this next step to the ones above

3) Choose the "Export PDF" tool

- Export to Word

- Open in Word (if it did not automatically do this for you)

You should be golden!

If I have missed a step or this did not work for you, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a workaround from adobe Monday 02/21/22
It is a multi jump through hoops typical workaround that is NOT a fix.
Point is Microsoft or Windows 10 Microsoft Edge or for that matter any software involve with save or print involving edit of text and/or images is not a fix.
We must be able to use Adobe Acrobat fully without the need of any other software. Simply select the internet web page info you wish to print/save edit,,,done!
The big intrusive cursor situation should not even be a topic. There is a bug and it is not being corrected , PERIOD.
If Microsoft and Adobe Acrobat can play nice together that is on the developers and the customers need this fixed.
There must be absolutely no need to use Microsoft Windows 10 Edge pdf print service at all. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I dont understand but you did not post the workaround Adobe gave you on 02/21/22

How could the big cursor not be a problem if so many people experience this? This is another reason that makes Adobe DC Pro hard to work with sometimes. Don't get me wrong, Adobe suite of products allows me to do 95% of my work, it's the little things that gets me fustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should I have to reprint the document when I have a paid subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I have a document that was scanned to PDF by a colleague and emailed to me to turn into a Form.  I've added all of the form fields which is tedious.  And in the Prepare Form mode, no sign of the pesky giant cursor.  But when it's opened to enter the data into the form fields, there is that giant cursor making the process confusing.  Beyond frustrating and how I ended up here.  It looks like I need to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is quite evident and totally disappointing that Adobe is ignoring this well documented situation. ((typical)) response. They act as if this isn’t happening to them at Adobe. Between Microsoft and Adobe support had diminished into the (could care less trash can).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should I have to reprint the document when I have a paid subscription? Fix the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround.  It's not a correction.  I would still like to find a way to fix the large cursor.  I am an Appraiser and print everything to Adobe I need from my Multiple Listing Service.  When I have all the documents I need to complete my report, I combine them into one single file.  Instead of saving that file, I print it using Adobe with the file name I wish.  It's not perfect, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also an appraiser and work paperlessly. 

In Windows, print using Destination > "Microsoft Print to PDF" instead of "Save as PDF" in the print dialogue box. 

I don't know about Apple/MAC but I assume the native OS print distiller will work. 

As long as you produce the PDF by NOT using the Adobe option, disguised as "Save as PDF" then the PDF document you print will function as desired with proper formatting and cursor. I do it all day long and into the night ...

Adding the Adobe Acrobat Chrome browser extension is another effective workaround for web printing. 

IDK which MLS you use, but in Stellar/Matrix there are usually two print options:
1) an embedded "Print to PDF" option that is always available regardless pf print job size because it is being distilled on the MLS server side. 
2) the standard "Print" option that brings up the OS print dialogue box. However, if your print job is too large this option can become grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this to be an issue using Win10, Chrome (latest), and when the document I'm trying to save to pdf is offered as a .do file.  The document opens in a dark gray & black window in Chrome.  If I click on the printer icon at the right side of the black toolbar and select "Adobe PDF" as the destination printer, it saves with the giant cursor.  If I select "Save as PDF" instead (further down the list of destination printers), it prints perfectly (and with smaller file size).

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something worked for me: regarding printing emails as PDFs, when I choose the destination "Adobe PDF" I get the giant cursor. However, when I choose the destination "Save as PDF" I get the regular-sized cursor and am able to select text normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines