• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Error Message when opening View in Menu Bar

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user that has Adobe Acrobat DC installed on their system (Win 10, build 21H2). They are having an odd issue where anytime they go to the View tab in the Menu Bar, Acrobat will pop up a dialog box "An internall error has occurred" about 5 or 6 times. This happens with either any PDF loaded, or nothing loaded except the application.

I have already performed a full uninstall/reinstall of the software earlier, which did not resolve the issue. I also had them sign out and sign back into the application, with no change. No other users are reporting this issue at this time.  I also disabled protected mode to see if this fixed the issue and it did not. 

Any insight on how to resolve or where to look?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rick Kulacki Jr.

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the trouble.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Please go to Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Under rendering, Uncheck 'Use Page Cache' > Click OK and reboot the application.

Let us know how it goes.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that with the user, and no change. File, Edit, Window, E-Sign, and Help all work in the Menu Bar. View will cause 6 "An Internal Error has occurred" pop ups to show, then the sub menu appears, but is not active. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rick Kulacki Jr.,

Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the version of Acrobat you are using [also if it is 32-bit or 64-bit]

Also, try launching Distiller once without launching Acrobat, and let me know if that works fine or not. 

Another information I would like to know is: Is the user working on a virtual machine or stand alone desktop.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the version of Acrobat they are using. Distiller seemed to load with no error, also this is a laptop, Dell Latitude 5420. 

Another item to note is that when trying to go to the profile icon in the menu, nothing happens when we click on it, the menu options appears, but it acts like nothing is done when clicked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rick Kulacki Jr. 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind collecting Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and in case the application is freezing/crashing please also collect the Adobe Acrobat crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html for further investigation 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved?  I am getting exactly the same "internal error'.  I have tried reinstalling acrobat pro dc as well as steps above.  I do not to have open a file -- just  open the application.  And then select, say, veiw menu.   5 cycles of "internal error" "ok" and I have control again. But the view menul is frozen/inactive on top of all else until I close acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Egbert26084717gvpf 

We are sorry to hear that. In order to deep dive into the issue and understand it better, we would need the above-requested logs so that we can isolate it for the fix.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I am having the same issues described by Rick Kulacki Jr. and Egbert26084717gvpf, with the exception that I am not having the same issue with the profile icon that Rick mentioned. The "internal error" shows up when I click on File, Edit, or View in the menu bar, but E-Sign, Window, and Help are fine. Additionally, when I navigate to the "Tools" tab of Acrobat Pro DC, the icons for each tool are missing, though I can still click on them.

I collected CC and Procmon logs for the error when clicking the View menu. I tried to upload everything to the Document Cloud as you suggested, but only the .pml and .csv files would upload as the others (.zxp, .dmp, etc) are not supported. Would you advise on how to share the rest of the files with you? I will send you a message with the share link for those I was able to upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marc R. R. 

Thanks for collecting the logs. I have shared more information with you in a private message, please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also now uplaoded files -- caonnot upload pml or reg files.  THis is after install of sept. 9th version of acrobat dc pro.  And this will not event start -- crashes immediately.  And I have to do another uninstall reinstall of the august release, which has the problems outlined by Marc.

Thanks,

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Egbert26084717gvpf 

This issue is now reported to our engineering team for review and they are working on it.

The fix will be available in the future updates

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amal,

Is it possible to install some older version of Acrobat DC?  This just started happening with the August update I suspect..

Thanks,
Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Egbert26084717gvpf 

We are sorry to hear that. You may go through the help page https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/basics.html#wizard-installation  and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact issue as the original poster re: Internal Error popups on the View menu only. Running Acrobat Pro 64-bit on Windows. Has it been fixed yet, or will it be fixed soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's gotten vastly worse now. Icons are missing inside the program, zoom-level menus fail to appear, the account button doesn't work, and editing is very broken in numerous ways. Whatever broke the View menu goes way deeper. I'll have to search for other issues, and probably will have to roll this back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TheNewVirginian,

Sorry to hear about that. Our team is aware of the issue and are working to get it fixed in the next update. 

Would you mind, sharing the logs from your system so that we can investigate better and further speed up the process?

Please collect the logs of the affected machine as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the logs with us via document cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, glad it's being worked on. I ended up trying a full uninstall and reinstall, and it seems to be working okay at the moment. If it comes back I'll try to get some logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a solution for this? I am getting exactly the same error on my Acrobat 64bits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a solution for this. Acrobat has not worked properly without INTERAL ERROR all week and is freezing and crashing everything. I have uninstalled reinstalled I lost count how many times. I have contacted Adobe and got my IT department involved and it is still not fixed. Any updates on this? It looks like a LOT of users are having this same issue.internal error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Started recently. Acrobat runs another instance of the program every time I try to open a pdf. It is also running acroCEF multiple times.Even after I delete all processes Acrobat will still send 'an internal error occurred' to my screen every few minutes. Checked permissions, did Repair Installation but nothing helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as well.  I'm also getting the error when I right click in the bookmarks pane on the left side of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++Adding to the discussion

All concerned,

Please evaluate my remarks in the link posted below.

I've been trying to help other users with the same (or similar) issue:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

am facing the same problem. "Internal Error" upon trying to change the viewing options via the submenue.

Did also try the solution options provided here in the thread. Did not help.

Question: Is posting here similar to opening a ticket? In other words, are Acrobat employees reading the postings here and take action on it?

LG, Juergen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... to add on top, after having done a more detailed analysis:

- De-Installed Acrobat DC Pro (64bit !)

- Installed Adober Acrobat Reader (64bit). Problem is gone.

- De-Installed Acrobat Reader

- Installed Acrobat DC Pro (32bit) from Offline-Install Archive -> Problem is gone.

Not sure, what I will be missing by using the 32bit-Version instead of the 64bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines