Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest update of Adobe Acrobat Pro is an absolute disaster

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am trying to write a complaint email but of course, no contact details in this regard, so here I am:

what on earth is going on with this new update of Adobe Acrobat Pro that normally it's supposed to be more user friendly - news flash, it's not - and appart from this, there is this new awful feature that blocks the app whenever I try to handle documents, the app blocks, I can't close, I can't do anything, it just freezes. The only thing that gets me out of there is task manager, and then starting over again.

I did this 3 times, making me losing around 10 minutes for an edit that normally, before this horrible update, it was taking me few seconds... Come on guys WAKE UP!

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Hi All!

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to make Acrobat better, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your feedback with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change, however we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. With the new interface, we aim to:

1. Provide a simplified viewing experience that helps reduce clutter & optimise it for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Hi there,

Hope you are doing well.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the suggestions, and we will address them with the highest priority.

As you get more comfortable with the new interface, please contact us with specific questions on tools, features, or functionalities. We’re happy to provide helpful resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 333 Replies 333
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update is so terrible and horrible and nightmarish that, for the first time ever, I felt the need to express myself on a topic like this. To me, the top thing that makes Adobe unparalleled is the user-friendliness of all its products. That effectiveness, that ease, that perfection... It all disappeared with this update. How come this was approved??? They made EVERYTHING harder. EVERYTHING that was super easy now is significantly more difficult. How come the advantage of just selecting the text and start typing the replacement, was eliminated, and now I have to go and select the comment icon, and then select "replace text", and then select the text to be replaced, and then open the comments panel, and then start typing the text to be replaced ???? HOW someone thought that was better????? That someone doesn't belong in Adobe! This is just one tiny thing of MANY that just killed the perfection that Adobe Pro WAS for us editors. It's HORRIBLE and I just wish you accept it soon and not too late, and change things back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes me wonder: do the folks who decided on this drastic change have a clue how we professionals use Acrobat in our daily work lives?

Do they actually use Acrobat as professionals in publishing?

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be sacrilege, but I'm getting used to the new interface--99% of it is just reminding myself that they simply swapped the left & right features. 

I can only assume their research showed that the tools were used more often than the panes, so they swapped them. Not sure if the less mouse scrolling was worth the flack Adobe is getting...

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding it horrible, but I'm glad that it can be overcome.

Where is the text feature (not the edit feature)?

Is there a better way to tag and delete pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Creamer of IDEAS  I must admit: My students liked it this new UI!  So I decided to use it for one month. Yes, I got used to it. I did had to find out that the Quick Access toolbar is now the floating toolbar and I had to use the elips (...) to add my tools there.

Funny.

Then came lessons Accessibility again for people that already work many years with Acrobat... I had to turn it off again 😆

But I never ever thought I would say: I can get used to the new UI 😉

And the you read this again and start wondering...:  https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/acrobat/kb/known-issues-acrobat-dc-reader.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. Changing the location of things to a completely different location on the interface after decades in the same place, is infuriating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. All the lawyers are talking about it. Our law firm is completely disgusted. We are looking for new options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second Bianca29482777pvwb

1. I should not have to make time to relearn Adobe DC Pro, in order to Edit the text on a PDF document. And I should not have to take 3x longer to do it, last minute before a deadline. 

2. The tool bar isn't even available to be on the same side, guys. 

3. We, the corporate peons of the world, already have contempt for being held hostage to a subscription. Now you make it even more unsavory. May your karma take you out sooner than later with healthy competition that isn't supressed with another acquisition.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you are able to be more productive & get more out of Acrobat. " What? Are you kidding? IT IS ABSOLUTE USELESS GUI! You are so arrogant! Why do you ignore a lot of frustrations? Are you normal? What about your mental health? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree with this. for a while I was able to avoid the changes and convert to the previous interface, but newest update doesnt let me do this. 

It isnt only an interface design issue. Tools dont work properly, it lags, and it is simply completely horrible to use. For the first time in a couple of decades of using adobe I am researching alternative markup programs because this is a complete dud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Months later - still hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the new Adobe reader. Does anyone else have a better alternative I can use? this new one is Sh...t! the most difficult user unfriendly i have ever seen from them....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, the new system is horrible. They need to burn it down and start over, start with what they had before that ACTUALLY WORKED. I'm going to find a PDF alternative as this is ridiculous and I want to drop my license as this is completely useless. The organize pages tool has been destroyed, completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also agreed -- please let us know what you find as an alternative, as many of us (me included) would like to follow you.  At $26 per seat per month, this is not worth the headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best place to complain is at Acrobat.UserVoice. It's the forum where Adobe's engineers and program managers take our suggestions (and ignore them).

Gotta vote at UserVoice (not in this forum) to get Adobe's attention — and tell them what you don't like, too. Also has a short list of alternative PDF programs.

VOTE HERE: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/47082691-ditch-t...

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employer has just updated to the new version, and it is truly awful!! I cannot even add a new signature without the whole thing freezing and crashing. There is absolutely zero improvement over the previous version, which begs the question - if it ain't broken, why try to fix it!!??

Please sort this out, Adobe. This 'update' is a complete and utter shambles!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. I voted. There are only 293! Let's get out the vote!
Denny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found File -> Revert (then to previous version).  Hope that helps -- it helped me.

At $26 per seat per month, it's painful to know how poorly they treat us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Just updated my Adobe Acrobat with this "simplified" format and I have a couple of suggestions I would love to see. Otherwise, I am tempted to use other software for editing my documents! I have wasted many hours trying to edit simple docs. 

Some features I would love with updates:

- Being able to drag over multiple speech bubbles (grouping them together) so I can move multiple text boxes at once. Right now, I can select a text box and drag it half of the time. For some reason, I have to have something else selected so I can drag a text box, and haven't been able to figure out how to change a text box size or flip it to a different angle. It has been very hard to work with this new update, and text boxes should be the easiest to use! 

- The "draw" feature is difficult, especially using the Line feature. When I draw a line, it has the last line I drew selected, so that one gets deleted while it is selected - not the second line I drew. Also, I was trying to plot some points and draw lines between them on a pdf for school, and you can't draw a line over a Dot, without selecting the dot. Very frustrating!

- Lastly, the slowness and page scrolling is so difficult. I see the loading symbol more than I would like, and it scrolls faster than I can select the section I want to edit. I feel like I have no control!

Please consider these possible edits. Although a simplified app has many benefits, we would love to not backtrack on the simple features we expect in this program. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a way to get back to the previous version:

File -> Revert (then to previous version). Hope that helps -- it helped me.

At $26 per seat per month, it's painful to know how poorly they treat us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhhh what a horrible mess this is, it's not intuitive at all, I absolutely hate it... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe Adobe have put this version of the reader out there.  It is the worst ever.  The interface overlays portions of the document over itself, the app is locking up and the only way to get out of it is via Task Manager.  This is not a step forward, by the looks of it, many many others are experiencing the same frustrations.   Unless this is wound back and a more reliable, cleaner interface is brought back, I will look to using another product.  Take this as constructive feedback and make a lot of people very happy.  Thanks   JT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so right. The updated version is extremely slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tipp about the revert. Very helpful as the latest version indeed is a desaster and this has nothing to do with us users getting used to the new flow. I would love to see Adobes user research reports that led them to do these changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new adobe experience sucks, it hovers over the blank spot your trying to tap on and gives you all these tools & options which takes me longer to get a form ready for a client to fill out and sign. Just the worse. I had to figure out to revert back to the old version. It was taking too much of my time to get a form ready. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines