Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Fill and Sign signature twice

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

This happens occassionally across the whole organization.  When we receive a PDF and in the first "Fill and Sign" attempt, the selected signature disappears when we paste it onto the form.  In the 2nd attempt, the signature remains.   So some users who do not notice the first attempted signature has disappeared and email the "approved" form with missing signature.

Does anyone has a way to fix this?

Thank you.

Mark 

TOPICS
PDF , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark HWS 

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.2042X installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have updated the version to 23.008.20421 and did the rest as suggested.  The problem still persists.

regards

Mark HWS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs?  Please share a small video recording of the steps and the issue for more clarity.

Also, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

This issue happens only on certain PDF across the organization.  It may not occur again on the same PDF after further actions (like updates, printing etc.), but it is inconsistent.  Refer to attached the video.  You will see that the first signature disappears after signing.  Only when I try again will it "stays".  

Due to company policy, we are not allowed to install log collector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I don't have a solution but would like to share that I have the exact same issue. Some PDFs work fine, others consistently have this issue. I also tried recreating a pdf from the same source as a failing one, and that new one was fine. Printing or re-saving does not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the video of the issue, however to further investigate the issue by our development team, we would need the requested logs.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2023 Dec 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I have sent the requested information.  Reference:

7c302ccb-95fe-4330-8a50-ea9f84ae3115

AdobeLogs_20231226_123134_415-win-GS.zxp

Thank you.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the required logs, we have shared them with the engineering team for review.

We will share the update as soon as we get any information.

Thanks for your time and patience.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any update to this?  I am having this issue in our environment as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I am looking for a fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is still a problem.

Version 2024.001.20643

I have noticed that creating a new PDF and signing it does not have this problem.

Only previously signed PDF documents shows this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are working on it.

We will share more details as soon as we get any update.

Thanks for understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines