• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of Memory

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am constantly getting an Out of Memory message. It has only been a problem during the past week or so. I already tried Repair Instalation and doing a full Uninstall/Install, neither of which worked.

Coincidentally, I am also having editing issues for the past week or so, too, which I brought up in another post.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a team of people getting the same thing when trying to extract pages from larger documents (about 10-20MB in size, 20-80 pages).

What I have noticed is when we are on Organize pages, memory usage spikes considerably.  As an example, opening a 17MB document loads to about 200-300MB in memory, fine great, normal behavior.  But clicking on Organize pages, skyrockets the usage to 1,000MB (1GB) of RAM in use.  Pretty sure that isn't expected behavior, but whatever it is an 8GB machine at 60% memory load, so no issue yet.  Extracting a single page to a new tab, tends to decrease memory usage by about 100MB.  Odd, but whatever.  Closing the newly opened tab and returning to the original document is when it gets interesting.  Memory usage spikes again between 500-1000MB's and compounds on each extracted file when closed.  Ok, so I close out of the Organize Pages mode thinking memory will return to normal... it doesn't.  I close the document, but leave Adobe up, it doesn't dump the memory either.  When it hits about 3400MB of memory, that is when I get the error.  The only way to flush it is to exit out of Adobe and open it back up.  This problem is compounded because to clear out a 60 page document it requires it to be opened 10-15 times since the users can only work on 3-6 extractions at a time.

I would vote to uninstall/reinstall, but this issue is running present across multiple users, my own included to test with.  Everything is up to date.  Tried messing with Protection and Cache settings, which only reduced the inital file load of 50MB give or take, but did nothing to stop the root issue.  

There was a workaround I found by resaving the file through "reduced" file size, but this isn't a solution, and it requires the end user to be aware of factors they are not trained to look for, let alone remember mid operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a Mac? Do you have any other applications running in the background? I recall an issue where Spotlight was indexing everything in the background, go to System Preferences> Spotlight> (uncheck all the options) Restart your Mac. Does this make any difference? If not, it may be time to clean up your Mac, uninstall everything you don't need, go to Utilities> Disk Utilities> First Aid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay.  No this is not a Mac.  We are strictly a Windows 10 enviroment, so none of the above applies to this situation.

I spoke with Adobe support last night and got word of this possibly being a known issue, whenever I try to find the bug information about it, I am left with dead ends for the tracking code.  Clicking on the link I was given, I am redirected to a "Banyan" verification error page.  So I question if this is an actual bug or not since I cannot find anything about the status of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for all of the diagnosis in terms of memory use - I have been having the exact same problem and couldn't find anyone else until today. So, in any case, this is a me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check my post:
Acrocef.exe or rdrcef.exe high ram usage freeze PC, one possible solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem for a week on 3+ computers. The memory goes up to 3GB and the out of memory message comes up. Restarting the PC is no solution. We are working in the printing field and have a lot of PDF-Files to check every day.

Acrobat Version (32 bit): 2021.007.20091

Enfocus Pitstop Pro: 2020 Update 1

Prinect PDF-Toolbox 2020: 20.00.049

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactely the same thing, huge amount of ram used, pc freezes, pls help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Acrobat DC today as a 7-day trial and am getting this same 'out of memory' message when trying to add 4 pages to a 31-page document.  Never had any problem with my current PDF program and am unlikely to subscribe after the trial is over if I can't get a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded and confirmed this has resolved the issue with Organize Pages bloating RAM when viewing the tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue with Acrobat Pro 2020, but this patch is meant for the subscription version. How can I fix it on my single-purchase version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started receiving this error message on my MacBook. I've checked and my Adobe is updated. I am unable to print!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have this problem on version 2022.002.20212

I am working with Cad pdf files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines