• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting text from the clipboard is blank

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started about a month or two ago. I copy some text in the PDF (usually a title, or copy to use as a description for an alt tag) then I try to paste it in the properties box or as an alt tag description and it's blank. However, if I go and paste what I have copied into a notepad it pastes fine, so it did copy what I asked it to copy. Once  I paste it into notepad, I can copy it and paste it into wherever I want in the document, so it is not a security issue with copy and pasting allowed.

This morning I had to copy a title written in all caps and paste it in a Word doc to easily change to title case. Then I copied it from Word and tried to paste it into the title properties box, but it overwrote what was there and left everything I had highlighted blank. So I copied the title case text from Word, pasted it into a notepad, then copied it from the notepad and pasted it into the title properties box and it worked.

I'm using the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V for copying and pasting. 

I have Windows 10 and the Acrobat DC  version 2021.005.20058. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, pasting text from clipboard is blank

As you have the latest version, please try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines