• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon missing from Apple Mail & Outlook (Mac OS 13 - Ventura)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the below image, this is the same in both Outlook & Apple Mail, this happens when I both receive a PDF or compose an email and attach a PDF, and the icon shows a blank page. 

I have attempted to uninstall Adobe Acrobat and then reinstall it. 

I have set Adobe as the Default and went to "Change All"

I even attempted setting it to preview and then back to Adobe but still get this issue of not being able to easily determine the file type. 

Scott26702596qxbf_0-1666989485745.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple and Adobe are scandalous after 2 months of complaints, nothing is done, I was hoping that Ventura 13.2 would fix the issue. Nothing!  i ve reinstalled bot 3 times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its even wors --i just updated to yet another APPLE update 13.2.1---still NOT WORKING!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here . updated today with latest ventura but no luck, Again Microsoft bounce back to Apple, Adobe is silent  . They are ignoring all of us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is an Adobe problem.  I use a different pdf app and have the same problem.  It's the Mac OS or Mac Mail app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 13.2.1 and it isn't working.  I have a work around.  I do a screen shot and then crop and save.  At least it looks normal in email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please share your solution? I still have the issue with 13.2.1.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been writing about this since it first occurred. Bottom line is the PDF icon no longer appears when sending a document thorugh email, and it appears neither Apple nor Adobe care to fix it.

I have been told "next update for Ventura, but two of those have come and gone so far, and it is not fixed. The only saving grace is that a lot of people are experiencing this now, and they are realizing you just have to click about the name of the document (which is invisible) to actually open it. I've tried the uninstall/reinstall Adobe and that did not work. The workarounds people have suggested here are just entirely too time consuming to bother.

The situation  is annoying at best, and frustrating at worst. More people need to complain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not only inconvenience; when I receive pdf attachments, I often cannot see them, or miss them, because they are so inconspicuous; a white blank with no border.

People have been writing about this for months (since Ventura). It's unclear if the problem is with Apple or Adobe. But there is no excuse if the two mega-companies are not communicating about this.

However, I suspect it is a problem with Apple; the icon in Preview is the same (white blank). A very few users claim not to have the issue. I wonder why not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly cannot believe that this is an issue that affects every Ventura user. If it were, I am almost certain there would be more noise about it. Do we actually know whether it is an ‘all user’ issue or only affects a proportion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this effect's everyone with Ventura. Period. No matter how many updates so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Adobe. Or at least not just Adobe.  I installed Wondershare PDFElement and it trashed the PDF icons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I started having this problem after installing Adobe pdf reader on my Mac, I have completely uninstalled the Adobe from the computer (not just the application, all the associated files), uninstalled Outlook and then redownloaded Outlook. It has fixed the issue for me!

Below is the guide I followed to completely uninstall Adobe on Mac.

https://nektony.com/how-to/uninstall-adobe-reader-on-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Ventura 13.2, the PDF shows blank icon in outlook since i updated from 12.6, and Excel.xlsx is blank as well. I have tried to uninstall all the MS apps and PDF, but it doesn't help to solve the issue, but here i found something interesting:

1. If I switch the outlook to new UI interface, somehow the icon come back, but it won't last for long.

2. I start to doubt it might be the issue of Outlook, so i download another mail box, when atttaching the PDF and xlsx file, the icon are all good.

3. Outlook supports feedback that it might alreday fixed in Ventura 13.3 Beta 2, but i am not runing this version, guys can take a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets even crazier --I just update to Ventura 13.3--STILLL doenst work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I just updated to 13.3 and I'm still seeing Adobe PDF documents with a blank icon.  One of my company's clients is seeing it for both PDFs and Office documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From 4 months apple and microsoft are not responding on this issue. I m thinking to downgrade to Monterey and reinstall all sistem once again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is awful silent on this--leaving it to this community to try and find a solution.  i was going to upgrade my Adobe products but will not ever until they respond qnd jump in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i also follow the guidance form Microsoft to update to Ventura 13.3 Beta2, PDF is still a blank icon in outlook, but the thrid party mail box is all good, it seems a very stupid issue and nobody solve it since such a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is still not workinh after at least 4 months; I am annoyed by have let clients know they can click on the word PDF and they will still get the document.  Upsetting, though, as it is unclear if it is there at all. I have not been able to find a solution. I will not upgrade my laptop to Ventura. A big mistake it seems I made with the desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are ignoring all of us silently. Both mail and outlook on my MacBook had the same issue, while outlook on my phone and iPad showed all icons of the attachments. Ventura has these problems with third parties and no reply from both support centres (Microsoft and Apple), like Adobe support. Silence 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embarrassing for Adobe, Apple or Microsoft. The error is ignored by all manufacturers. For many months! I buy the best and receive unfinished scrap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ventura 13.3 was updated last night with the hope that something will change. Unfortunately not. The problem is still the same every time I open outlook white icon attachment appears, and it is annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, even I was anxiously looking for the update. Unfortunately, nothing has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What this has evolved into is pure corporate arrogance. Something messed it up but no one wants to take responsibility of at least the courtesy of replying to users' concerns (looking at you Microsoft, Apple, and Adobe). Despite the Adobe representative promising to kick this up to their software engineers to look into several months ago, there's been only the sound of crickets. Shame on you Microsoft, Apple, and Adobe for taking customers for granted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not getting any better with any Apple "upgrade." I really don't know what can be done to get the problem addressed.

Any ideas by anyone here on how to kick it up the corporate ladder? I do not know of any way to get a person for technical help on the phone with Adobe if you haven't paid for VIP program.

You can get apple on the phone but it's anyone's guess if problems actually get forwarded up the engineering chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines