• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon missing from Apple Mail & Outlook (Mac OS 13 - Ventura)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the below image, this is the same in both Outlook & Apple Mail, this happens when I both receive a PDF or compose an email and attach a PDF, and the icon shows a blank page. 

I have attempted to uninstall Adobe Acrobat and then reinstall it. 

I have set Adobe as the Default and went to "Change All"

I even attempted setting it to preview and then back to Adobe but still get this issue of not being able to easily determine the file type. 

Scott26702596qxbf_0-1666989485745.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter if you are VIP or not, I have made all the attempts. The only one left is to remove Ventura and return to Monterey. I have several emails from Apple support they have called me, but the problem has not been solved. If you use outlook web everything is fine, but with Outlook for mac desktop, no one gets back to us and that says a lot about their support service, no exclusions, apple microsoft adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Os Ventura 13.3.1(22E261) 

The last software update was today, and the problem is unsolved. They don't care about our comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make a long story short, today, 16 April, I reset all office licences, uninstalled everything and started again. Negative result. I called Apple support, and the case is still open. They told me that the problem would be at the attention of a senior supervisor. To date no response; in fact, they have all disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I deleted all office data from the keychain and uninstalled Office 365, removed licenses and changed passwords; I also used the Office license removal app and clean my mac.

I went into SharePoint and downloaded Office 365 again from MS portal. I see all attachments with icons correctly (PDF Adobe attachments, which only show up as Jpeg )!

So it is inferred that Ventura cannot encode or recognise pdf files and turns them all into Jpeg. Better than nothing at the moment. At least I don't see a blank sheet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your perserverance is admirable, however I don't have the time or interest in trying to jump through hoops to resolve it myself. I feel like it's their problem to fix. 

By the way, single page pdfs show just fine, it's multipage docs that have the blank icon.

Thus far, I haven't had any clients questioning my attachments.

Eventually it will get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried outlook in dark mode ? Only in dark mode display png icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too installed the new update from Apple---STILL NOTHING. In the end, once determined who is at fault, will receive a lawyers letter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe needs to fix this problem. As I have checked with Microsoft Excel, Word, and other icons, they all work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Preview. Same issue. Ergo, Apple’s problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word excel power point icons not all time are coming with their logo, most time without bud pdf no chance since November. I will continue  my complaints to Apple . Very unpleasant and disappointing situation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

Apple has acknowledged the issue but has declined to fix it in a minor release. According to their response, the issue will only be addressed in the next major version of macOS. It might be helpful for you to directly follow up with Apple with case number FB11787697 to obtain more detailed information about the bug and when you can expect a resolution.

I'm sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved yet, but I hope this information helps

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem appears fixed with MacOS Ventura 13.4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Venture 13.4 has fixed this for me!!!  HOORAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed for me as well 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woo hoo! Glory be. All is right in the world again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT”S DONE GUYS! It’s been a pleasure complaining with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, finally they fixed it after messages to Apple and Adobe community discussions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, everyone, for confirming the fix. We appreciate your patience on this. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines