• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"An Internal Error Occured" when clicking on a PDF and Windows Explorer preview pane is showing.

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Running Windows 11, up-to-date system and up-to-date Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat DC. I have my preview pane visible when going through my files, and sometime in the last 2 weeks PDFs no longer show up in the preview pane. Instead, windows explorer freezes for a few seconds and then shows an Adobe Acrobat "An Internal Error Occured" pop-up. I tried clearing out my temporary files, and tried creating a "2022" folder in C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\ which was suggested in this thread. Neither worked. All other file types (.jpg, .doc, etc.) show up in the preview pane just fine. Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-09-13 134651.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

This worked, for me! (thank god, what a pain in the a**)
I couldn't find the "AppData" folder, I ended up finding it by clicking "view", then "show" and then toggling on "hidden files".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Me paso lo mismo, entre en la ruto que colocaron y le saque los permisos heredados y borre los los desconocidos y hasta ahora funciona

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 144 Replies 144
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your Adobe creative cloud and apps, and trying a Windows update. It's working fine for me now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for some reason it's fixed now. Not sure if it was a Windows update or Creative Cloud update but the preview pane is showing PDFs fine now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind I jynxed it! The issue is still happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating your Adobe creative cloud and apps, and trying a Windows update. It's working fine for me now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it bugged out after i did the last acrobat update instead. Atm there is no update to be done....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either an Adobe update fixed it or a Windows update did. Now I can view PDFs in the preview pane again without any issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having this same issue. Can you post your window version and the acrobat version you are running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, unfortunately it's back to showing an Adobe Acrobat "An Internal Error Occured" pop-up. Which is so frustrating. I checked both Creative Cloud and Windows for updates and I'm up-to-date. No one from Adobe Support has chimed in, so I guess I just have to wait until another update fixes it 😞 Keep trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I created another post about this issue so maybe that will help motivate their support team...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-an-internal-error-occurred-when-using-win...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having similar issues in Windows 11

- This is NOT the "1 Correct answer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, I thought it was fixed but it's still happening. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue constantly! I have no idea where to send Adobe support my crash dumpfile as they don't even list the location on the help file! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 and getting this too. I thought it could be a windows display setting that was disabled, but I can't find anything that would seem to be related to this error.

Has anyone else had this issue resolved with an update yet?

I see that an Adobe team member mentioned working on a fix for this issue on the 15th of Sept, but that's just over a month ago so I've left a comment on that thread for feedback.

I'm hesitant to try installing the 32-bit version as I've had issues with other software in 32-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same problem for me on window 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue for me I cant do ANYTHING with pdfs without freezes, crashes, INTERNAL ERROR. I cant even attach more than 1 pdf to an outlook email without it freezing and crashing my email. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, contacted adobe, contacted IT department...spent all day trying to fix. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!internal error.pngwindows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. Ran an additional update for windows. Removed / re-installed acrobat. Still having this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

I had to go C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local and right click the Adobe folder, click properties and go to security tab. I had a bunch of left-over "Account Unknown" listed besides my three main ones (System, [me], Admin). I deleted all the account unknowns.

That fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!! you are the best!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markelrayes

OMG! THANK YOU !! THIS WORKED!! I am not kidding this actually worked! 

thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU SIR, ARE A SAINT!!!
All hail MarkelRayes!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!! thanks GG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, It's letting me delete all but one AccountUnknown, any suggestions?

Adobe security.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines