Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"delete" option for replace text comment is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a PDF file in Adobe Acrobat and I cannot delete comments where I use the "replace text" function. The option to delete is greyed out. However, I can delete comments where I use other functions such as "highlight" or "strikeout". I am signed in to my Adobe account and I have tried saving and restarting to no avail.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

I was able to fix the issue by clicking the comment in the file instead of the comment pane, and hitting the delete button on my keyboard. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20142 installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to repair the installation form the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you select Properties from the context menu  does thr comment Text Box Properties appear locked?

If yes, what happens if you uncheck the "Locked" checkbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix the issue by clicking the comment in the file instead of the comment pane, and hitting the delete button on my keyboard. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines