• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Draw connected lines" and "line" function cannot be used normally under Win10

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use adobe acrobat DC, and I often use the "orthogonal line" in PDF. However, it was found that this function cannot be used normally in versions after WIN10 v1909. When I need to draw an orthogonal line, I need to hold down the "shift" key. At this time, the line cannot be confirmed. The line will run with the mouse and you can not do anything but terminate PDF process.I tried the old version of acrobat X and acrobat 9 and both had the same problem. It can only be used on win10 V1909 and previous WIN versions.I don’t know this is a PDF software problem or a win10 problem.Anyone can give a little help?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

I am using windows 11 system.You can fix this problem as followings:Settings→Time&Language→Language&region→your selected language→language options→keyboard→keyboard options→general→compatibility→turn on the button.Then you will find "Draw connected lines" function is ok.Or you can install a third party input method to replace the Microsoft input method.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble caused. As described, the orthagonal line runs with mouse and you are unable to finish drawing the line.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20048 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

I have tried to reproduce the issue on my end working on Win 10 machine with Adobe Acrobat Dc version 20.12.20048 and its working fine. Once you are done with the shape of the line you are drawing just make right click  and select 'Complete' to finish the process.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html#add_a_line_arrow_or_shape

Hope this information will help

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kindly reply!

I have upgraded the Acrobat pro DC version to 2020.012.20048 and the win 10 system to the latest 20H2 (version number: 19042.572), but the problem still exists

微信图片_20201023093515.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, it works well until I press the “shift” key,the line can not be confirmed and run with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response. Please try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot the computer once and see if that makes it better. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested all the suggestions and still haven't solved the problem. It seems that maybe only wait for win10 or adobe updates to solve this problem.Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

I have tested it on my end with pressing the shify key and it is working fine. Once done with drawing the shape of the line pressing the shift key, right click on mouse and select the option 'Complete process'

Would you mind sharing the video recording of the steps you are doing for a better understanding?

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/commenting-pdfs.html#add_a_line_arrow_or_shape

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.I have uploaded the video to my google drive,please download and check.Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HnG2wkQztSxQCE6BFoxPA5ksiGSVsLsa/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Any new suggestion about this problem?

Regards

Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor,

Hope you are doing well. A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available version 20.13.20064.

Please try to update the application to the new version from the help menu > check for updates and see if that works for you. You may also download the patch from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Please reboot the computer after updating the application.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I have upgraded to 20.013.20064 according to your suggestion, but the problem still exists. It seems that this may be a problem of the win10 system, hope Microsoft can fix this problem in the future.Thanks for your recent guidance.

Regards

Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the problem. It is related to Microsoft Input Method. I have been using Microsoft's built-in input method, and I accidentally used a third-party input method today, and the PDF can be used normally. I will report this issue with Microsoft. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thank you for sharing your observation.

We are gald to hear that the application is up and running fine.

Feel freeto contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Victor, I'm facing the same trouble from about last 6months. I would restart the applciation everytime. But it is very irritating & I hope to resolve this issue.

If you could still remember, please explain how you resolved the trouble on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I changed the keyboard input method (IME) & the problem is resolved.

But it is very strange to imagine the connection between the PDF hanging & input method.

This problem is occuring only with this one particular command. I hope somebody can resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you solved this problem too.I found that there is another way, set the Microsoft Input Method to compatibility mode. I am currently using win11 system, PDF can work normally, no need to change the input method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moha_KSL @leo198336 it will be great help if share some screen shots regarding settings to be done for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 11 system.You can fix this problem as followings:Settings→Time&Language→Language&region→your selected language→language options→keyboard→keyboard options→general→compatibility→turn on the button.Then you will find "Draw connected lines" function is ok.Or you can install a third party input method to replace the Microsoft input method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wow!!Thanks @leo198336 its working perfect..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines